Kirk Ferentz getting sued for being racist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
The more curious thing for me is along the lines of "changes are being made, current players and former players say its going well." That admits that there was a problem right?
Matt Hankins was suspended once and had to miss a game because he had a loud party. That seems way, way less significant than what many in that coaching room are accused of. Who's been punished from the staff?
Nobody. The media doesn't even talk about it. I am at the point where I don't even believe it ever happened. Success cures all ill. They might in fact be racist, but who cares when you're top 5 in the nation?

• Agree
Reactions: ImJustKCClone

Lemmiwinks

Aug 31, 2018
Ankeny
But I am not an Iowa fan and thus don't have the required cabin at the lake that all Iowa fans claim they spend all of their time at while posting 45 times per day on Cyclone Fanatic.
Plenty of tent spots for us poors. And big lol at me being there now, I'm on break at the fryer until dinner shift kicks back in.

Remo Gaggi

Aug 28, 2018
Apparently they named their field for an African American player from their past. That should be enough to put this episode behind them so Brian can take over for KKKirk.

• Funny
Reactions: aauummm

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Oh the loss sucked. It's just funny well mostly sad how the fan base and media swept it under the rug and how its back to BAU despite what happened.
I'm not sure if you saw my post but current and former players see changes, man.

• Funny

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Apparently they named their field for an African American player from their past. That should be enough to put this episode behind them so Brian can take over for KKKirk.
It's precious to me how they do all this reactionary stuff for inclusivity that they are more than a decade behind in, and their fans and media just gobble it right up. Never mind the path that led them to make these decisions.

• Winner

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
I'm not sure if you saw my post but current and former players see changes, man.

Ahh yes! Well there you go. I'm sure the changes were from great to even more great right? because it was never a problem...

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Ahh yes! Well there you go. I'm sure the changes were from great to even more great right? because it was never a problem...
No, there was a problem. Less serious apparently than some of the reasons players have been disciplined/suspended for.

• Agree
Reactions: mj4cy

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Another Chris Doyle mention on the radio.
This AM on Dan Patrick. "Checkered past" was used for Kirk's friend.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: CyTwins
Status
Not open for further replies.

Help Support Us

Become a patron