Kirk Ferentz getting sued for being racist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
That is cool. He is absolutely valued as a voice. His voice is just as valid as every other black voice in the world right now.

Oh I'm gonna go out on a limb here and guess that this isn't what Hawkeye players wanted by speaking out. Betcha this senseless vandalism and hate makes them sick to their stomach.

Omaha Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 1, 2007
www.tecmobowl-vs-rbi.com
Wow. A lot to digest reading many many tweets. Clearly there's been a problem. I don't see Doyle remaining on the staff, as the majority of comments were aimed directly at him.

This is all very unfortunate. In addition to criticism about the program some players have still offered support. Desmond King is willing to create an open dialog with the staff/university to address changes that would be beneficial. Mike Daniels says that despite all that went on he wouldn't trade that experience. Leads me to believe that these former players still support Iowa despite the issues.

This can go 2 ways. KF is nearing the end of his career and they can move along, and that staff will eventually wind up elsewhere However that consequence doesn't necessarily address the issue at hand. Or they can keep KF and seek change that benefits the current players and overall situation.

I think KF stays, Doyle is gone.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
“That will be taken under advisement.”

signed:
- American Revolution
- Civil War
- WW1
- WW2 (the war Kinnick died in was a revolution against despots)
- Suffragist movement
- Civil protests of the 60s
- French Revolution, any number of other global revolutions

Its clear we don't agree or I suck at conveying my thoughts. I appreciate your opinions though.

Reactions: Waukee4Cy

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
My heart aches for Chris Doyle?

WTF is wrong with Iowa fans? We are now in the dozens of explayers coming forward.

If any of ISU's football coaching staff, including CMC, were being accused of all this racial injustice by ISU's former players..... I would never in a million years say that my heart ached for any of them.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Looks like some of the players are also condemning the vandalism.

I don’t think anyone is happy about it. But that is how someone chose to express him- or herself. No way of knowing who it was, or what their story is. Maybe there are students who are not athletes who are also being marginalized. Maybe it is a friend of somebody who has received that treatment. Maybe it is misguided. Who knows, but it certainly doesn’t make it invalid.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
I don’t think anyone is happy about it. But that is how someone chose to express him- or herself. No way of knowing who it was, or what their story is. Maybe there are students who are not athletes who are also being marginalized. Maybe it is a friend of somebody who has received that treatment. Maybe it is misguided. Who knows, but it certainly doesn’t make it invalid.

It doesn't. And you were spot on with your "paint washes off" comment. But the graffiti has taken the eye off of their message for now; seems like they're trying to steer the conversation back to what they intended.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Looks like some of the players are also condemning the vandalism.

Contrary to Hawkeye fan's beliefs...... not everyone is a fan of Hawkeye football. A very large percentage of these protesters probably don't even know who the statue is?

They were going around town spray painting everything they came across.... the Old Capitol, the hospital, the stadium, the Kinnick statue, etc, etc, etc.

Do you really think the protesters hate the hospital saving people's lives, including children's lives? NO. So do you think they hate Nile Kinnick? NO. These are mostly young people who may not even be fans of football.... so they might not even know who Nile Kinnick is.... or care who he is.

Reactions: Angie

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
It doesn't. And you were spot on with your "paint washes off" comment. But the graffiti has taken the eye off of their message for now; seems like they're trying to steer the conversation back to what they intended.

Agree. Vandalism stops the conversation, or at least splits it off. Stage a protest, dress up a statue a certain way. Spray painting it severs the conversation and starts to build walls with some also.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA

I agree, it allows the complicit racists to change the conversation for right now. Luckily it won’t be the main focus of the national media.

Reactions: JP4CY

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
Wait'll national sports media starts pounding this tomorrow.

Ugly.
I was in the car yesterday for about 30 mins and caught bits of two national shows on fox sports and it's all they talked about.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
Remember the City Boyz?

Have any of that group joined the tweeting?

Urbandale2013

Jan 28, 2018
Urbandale
Agree. Vandalism stops the conversation, or at least splits it off. Stage a protest, dress up a statue a certain way. Spray painting it severs the conversation and starts to build walls with some also.
While I agree and I wish people would keep with peaceful protests it’s frankly a problem with the people mad more so. I’ve been having this argument with my family. Almost every single protest they ***** and complain about how they are protesting. I asked them if they would still be mad at the kneeling. I also asked if they’d be mad about flying the flag upside down. They complained about the protests at night.

For me I just struggle at getting mad at how people protest because people are going to complain no matter what. I don’t like when stuff is damaged but there are to many people that keep trying to make it about how they are protesting and not about what they are protesting.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
"So, what is Brian accused of?"

Credit where credit is due on the thread title.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Kirk needs to be asked if his sons ever heard anything by Doyle like what's being described.
(Kirk then will deflect and say he wasnt in the weight room)
Kirk will then need to be asked since the time of these reports you haven't asked your son, who's a coach, if he had ever heard them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron