Kirk Ferentz getting sued for being racist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
"I don't really think I should say what I asked (the Iowa coaches), but some of the things weren't being answered. I was trying to figure out what was going on and they just weren't getting answered, so I felt like it was time for me to do what I needed to do and decommit."

Prone2Clone

Oct 20, 2006
"I don't really think I should say what I asked (the Iowa coaches), but some of the things weren't being answered. I was trying to figure out what was going on and they just weren't getting answered, so I felt like it was time for me to do what I needed to do and decommit."

Tough questions at Iowa not being answered? NO WAY!

• Agree
Reactions: aauummm

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
You can tell they're really trying to fix things

Reactions: GTO

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
Does this surprise anyone? The Iowa AD and Ferentz tried to control the narrative right from the beginning by censoring media questions and making current players say how things were getting better a week later..lol. Ferentz and Barta truly believed this would blow by and they almost got away with it because our local media ate up their BS.

Neptune78

Aug 12, 2020
East of Neptune, IA.
Does this surprise anyone? The Iowa AD and Ferentz tried to control the narrative right from the beginning by censoring media questions and making current players say how things were getting better a week later..lol. Ferentz and Barta truly believed this would blow by and they almost got away with it because our local media ate up their BS.

The only surprise is that we haven't seen a number of hok recruits feel the same way. Yet.

Mr.G.Spot

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2020
Is it just me, or could any dumbass have sifted through social media and written something more informative than the Husch Blackwell report? What a joke. They interviewed plenty of players, and rather than highlight answers including by race, everything was basically, "Two players reported being subject to punishment for doing X, when white players did the same thing. One coach confirmed this. However, another player interview said they did not witness different treatment based on race." Seriously, as long as you had one player out of all questioned that takes each side of the issue you pretty much can write this garbage report.

Seriously, interview all the players, see how players of each race respond, then interview players from a couple other schools in a similar way and compare the answers. Is there a disparity between how players respond by race? How does that disparity compare to other schools?

I guess that's why you never send a lawyer to do a useful human being's job.

There were instances of players and coaches citing differential punishment and enforcement of rules. Yes, there are also examples of players being punished without an example that shows differential treatment. But the latter doesn't invalidate the former. And as has been said many times, you can't dismiss Iowa players talking about feeling like there is a disparity and chalk it up to a tough environment or sour grapes. If that were the case we'd have widespread reports across CFB, yet we simply haven't seen it.
Remember, they were hired by the fox watching the hen house - I know you know that.

Investigations like this are very strategic and rarely deliver all the truths. They deliver just enough to meet everyone's demands - in this case, the school, the athletes, the department, etc.

Apparently though it was not enough for the ex-athletes. Going to be interesting.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Whoa

“It appears Iowa released our confidential letter to the media with the sole intention of trying to shame and intimidate our courageous clients,” Solomon-Simmons said in the statement sent to the Register. “It did not work. In fact, Iowa’s move has not only strengthened the resolve of our clients to continue to stand up for their rights and the rights of their teammates.

“Our clients appreciate Iowa making it clear to all Black student-athletes, former, present, and prospective, that under the current leadership at Iowa anti-Black racism is acceptable.”

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
“Iowa’s message in light of its refusal to compensate our clients is resoundingly clear: Iowa is more than willing to pay known multi-millionaire racist coaches," Solomon-Simmons said, "but paying Black victims of racism themselves is simply a bridge too far.

• Winner
Reactions: VeloClone and GTO

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
Whoa

“It appears Iowa released our confidential letter to the media with the sole intention of trying to shame and intimidate our courageous clients,” Solomon-Simmons said in the statement sent to the Register. “It did not work. In fact, Iowa’s move has not only strengthened the resolve of our clients to continue to stand up for their rights and the rights of their teammates.

“Our clients appreciate Iowa making it clear to all Black student-athletes, former, present, and prospective, that under the current leadership at Iowa anti-Black racism is acceptable.”

This isn't a good situation at all.

• Agree
Reactions: CyPunch and CyTwins

Mr.G.Spot

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2020
I wonder what the UofI's liability insurance premiums are. They're bordering on uninsurable.
They are a Regents' university - basically state of Iowa credit risk. The self-insurance could go up, but will always have access to insurance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron