Kirk Ferentz getting sued for being racist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brodie0

Apr 1, 2020
Has there been one single player that has come to Brian's defense in all of this?

Also, asking your own players to injure any player is subject to a firing. Asking your own players to injure a player on your own team is incredibly disgusting, and also worthy of termination.

From my understanding of the allegations, that’s not what happened, and we have no idea about the context with which the statement was made.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
We've heard a lot from the 2 or 3 hok trolls in this thread so I asked asked a HS friend (classic tavern hok and 30 year season ticket holder) this week what he thought of the 60+ players speaking out about their time in IC. His response-- "If I see one player kneeling during the anthem I never go to Iowa City again".

Is he a farmer?

Brodie0

Apr 1, 2020
We've heard a lot from the 2 or 3 hok trolls in this thread so I asked asked a HS friend (classic tavern hok and 30 year season ticket holder) this week what he thought of the 60+ players speaking out about their time in IC. His response-- "If I see one player kneeling during the anthem I never go to Iowa City again".

I support any player’s right to kneel during the anthem and would do so myself if I were a player, but you are kidding yourself if you don’t think a majority of the Iowa State fanbase feels the exact same way as your friend.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Is Iowa on the field for the anthem?

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I support any player’s right to kneel during the anthem and would do so myself if I were a player, but you are kidding yourself if you don’t think a majority of the Iowa State fanbase feels the exact same way as your friend.
1*IA-cXQxYyUVdWePGgsLfxA.gif

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
From my understanding of the allegations, that’s not what happened, and we have no idea about the context with which the statement was made.

He wished an injury on one of his own players. How is that not a firable offense?

kcbob79clone

Why did Brodie get let back on here?

Because periodically we need to gauge their mindset. Iowa fans believe it is OK to rape, as long as they are winning. Iowa fans believe it is OK to be a racist, as long as they are winning.

Besides if Brodie0 was kicked off he would just come back with one of his many old account names or a new one, "RacialInsensitivityisnotRacist"

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
I don’t think wishing injury on a player is a fireable offense. Just because some people think Brian Ferentz is the main part of the problem, does not mean that is true. I am sure there are a number of other players who would disagree with that assertion.
THEN WHY GET RID OF DOYLE?

RonBurgundy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2017
To me, a lot of people are missing the heart of the issue. Kirk Ferentz created a culture that was insensitive to black players, over years. Doyle or Brian Ferentz did not institute the unwritten "rules" of dress, music, hairstyle, social media that defined how a "proper" Iowa football player looked and acted, and was clearly viewed as uncomfortable by black players. These standards became the foundation of Iowa football over years.

It is the literal definition of institutional racism and 100% lays at the feet of Kirk. It is his program.

Once you have created a program that is systematically racist, no one should be surprised that outright racists like Doyle (and maybe BF) feel protected and empowered to enforce the cultural rules against black players disproportionately, and may cross the line frequently.

Because of George Floyd, former black Iowa players now feel comfortable in holding a mirror up to Kirk Ferentz and the Iowa football program, asking that they finally acknowledge the institutional racism that has existed over 2 decades.

I personally don't care if Kirk is let go or not, he is not for long anyway. The one fact that would change my mind is if the players (or parents) have text or email evidence that this issue was raised with him in the past, and he is caught in an outright lie that he was ignorant of the culture he himself built.

Reactions: cychhosis

TrianglePlace

May 13, 2020

Especially this ISU super fan.

Brodie0

Apr 1, 2020
Now Robert T. Green is calling former Iowa players white supremacists for using the “okay” emoji in a tweet once. Dude is off his rocker.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
I believe Doyle believes that. I think it’s pretty clear that he has made racially insensitive comments to players. I don’t think that makes him a racist though, nor do I think he treated players differently based on their race.

You guys remember a few hours ago when this guy tried telling us he's for the players and in favor of change?

Comical.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Now Robert T. Green is calling former Iowa players white supremacists for using the “okay” emoji in a tweet once. Dude is off his rocker.

You'll note with Brodie that "off his rocker" is his way of saying "not pro-Kirk".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron