Kirk Ferentz getting sued for being racist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
Just because I acknowledged Mrs. Phelp's comments and pointed out how bad of an allegation they were, it doesn't mean I 100% believe them? I also thought it was crazy DJK thought Kirk tipped off the FBI! Do I actually think that happened? Doubtful. I'm just not discrediting the stories or immediately dismissing them the moment they are put out there.

Do you think Kirk knew where Brian was living?

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Do you think Kirk knew where Brian was living?
You'd think a father would know where his son was living, but Kirk also didn't hear of one racial issue within his program so we don't know for sure.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
The only players whose stories I have questioned are:

- DJK (claims have been discredited by numerous former teammates)
- Akrum Wadley (several of his claims have been discredit by former teammates or proven false)
- Jonathon Parker (one of his claims is incredibly difficult to believe)
- Terrence Harris (some claims are incredibly difficult to believe)

So you believe the following:

I personally believe Doyle and Kirk from my own experiences aren't inclusive and understanding of young black athletes - Reggie Spearman

Doyle saying oh wait players don't like boats in water do they? - Terrance Pryor

Kirk made little to no effort to get to know their black student athletes on a personal level - Brandon Simon

I'll say this KF has backed Doyle for years so safe to say he is very aware of what goes on. KF is not innocent by any means. KF is not ignorant by any means, he knows what goes on and does nothing about it - Diaunte Morrow

KF didn't give me a fair and equal chance because I was black - Javon Foy

Coach Ferentz told me I need him in life and I'll never be anything without him - Maurice Fleming

Coach Doyle is the problem in that building. And so if Brian Ferentz. Things won't progress until this two fix themselves - Jaleel Johnson

I vividly remember Brian Ferentz wishing injuries on my fellow teammates while in meetings - Marcel Joly

Brodie0

Apr 1, 2020
Just because I acknowledged Mrs. Phelp's comments and pointed out how bad of an allegation they were, it doesn't mean I 100% believe them? I also thought it was crazy DJK thought Kirk tipped off the FBI! Do I actually think that happened? Doubtful. I'm just not discrediting the stories or immediately dismissing them the moment they are put out there.

Neither am I. As I pointed out above, I have only questioned 4 players’ stories. 2 of those players have had at least parts of their stories discredited by former teammates. Wadley’s claim about Ferentz’s press conference statement has been proven to be 100% false.

Even James Daniels and Jordan Lomax have claimed that some of the stories being shared are BS. It’s impossible to know which ones are true and which ones are false, but I don’t think it’s unreasonable to think the most outlandish claims are the ones being falsified/exaggerated.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Neither am I. As I pointed out above, I have only questioned 4 players’ stories. 2 of those players have had at least parts of their stories discredited by former teammates. Wadley’s claim about Ferentz’s press conference statement has been proven to be 100% false.

Even James Daniels and Jordan Lomax have claimed that some of the stories being shared are BS. It’s impossible to know which ones are true and which ones are false, but I don’t think it’s unreasonable to think the most outlandish claims are the ones being falsified/exaggerated.
Yes, there are some parts of some of these stories that are surprising, but disproving one portion of the story doesn't mean the rest wasn't true. There are bits and pieces of each story that have been confirmed by players as well.

Brodie0

Apr 1, 2020
So you believe the following:

I personally believe Doyle and Kirk from my own experiences aren't inclusive and understanding of young black athletes - Reggie Spearman

Doyle saying oh wait players don't like boats in water do they? - Terrance Pryor

Kirk made little to no effort to get to know their black student athletes on a personal level - Brandon Simon

I'll say this KF has backed Doyle for years so safe to say he is very aware of what goes on. KF is not innocent by any means. KF is not ignorant by any means, he knows what goes on and does nothing about it - Diaunte Morrow

KF didn't give me a fair and equal chance because I was black - Javon Foy

Coach Ferentz told me I need him in life and I'll never be anything without him - Maurice Fleming

Coach Doyle is the problem in that building. And so if Brian Ferentz. Things won't progress until this two fix themselves - Jaleel Johnson

I vividly remember Brian Ferentz wishing injuries on my fellow teammates while in meetings - Marcel Joly

The specific stories, yes I believe. However, most of those statements are opinions. I’m sure the players who made those statements believe them to be true.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
The specific stories, yes I believe. However, most of those statements are opinions. I’m sure the players who made those statements believe them to be true.

So why should Brian Ferentz not be fired if he's wishing for players to get injured and hes the main part of the problem?

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
You'd think a father would know where his son was living, but Kirk also didn't hear of one racial issue within his program so we don't know for sure.
You'll have to forgive Kirk and Mary on that one since Brian was playing football and living completely across the Country.

Brodie0

Apr 1, 2020
So why should Brian Ferentz not be fired if he's wishing for players to get injured and hes the main part of the problem?

I don’t think wishing injury on a player is a fireable offense. Just because some people think Brian Ferentz is the main part of the problem, does not mean that is true. I am sure there are a number of other players who would disagree with that assertion.

kcbob79clone

Not necessarily. Doyle was an equal opportunity *******. For example, the “send your ass back to Glenville” comment was racially insensitive, but he also told white players he would send their ass back to their hometowns, told FCS transfers he would send their ass back to JUCO, etc.

Brodie0, remember old proverb, when you find yourself in a hole - quit digging

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017

that’s why the djk thing has always been so stupid.

you don’t think Kirk knows where every player lives? You don’t think Kirk knows who they associate with?

of course he does. Just like Campbell does, Prohm does, CJL does.

they waited until the season was over to suddenly raid his house? Come on.

Kirk isn’t stupid, no matter what these hawk fans want you to believe.

you think the university of Iowa, and the board of regents in this state, would employ anyone that wouldn’t know every working of the multi million dollar program they are in charge of?

Come on, don’t give in to racist benj

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
I don’t think wishing injury on a player is a fireable offense. Just because some people think Brian Ferentz is the main part of the problem, does not mean that is true. I am sure there are a number of other players who would disagree with that assertion.
Yuh-ikes.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Has there been one single player that has come to Brian's defense in all of this?

Also, asking your own players to injure any player is subject to a firing. Asking your own players to injure a player on your own team is incredibly disgusting, and also worthy of termination.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
that’s why the djk thing has always been so stupid.

you don’t think Kirk knows where every player lives? You don’t think Kirk knows who they associate with?

of course he does. Just like Campbell does, Prohm does, CJL does.

they waited until the season was over to suddenly raid his house? Come on.

Kirk isn’t stupid, no matter what these hawk fans want you to believe.

you think the university of Iowa, and the board of regents in this state, would employ anyone that wouldn’t know every working of the multi million dollar program they are in charge of?

Come on, don’t give in to racist benj
Oh I was being sarcastic lol. He 100% knew where his son was living.

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
We've heard a lot from the 2 or 3 hok trolls in this thread so I asked asked a HS friend (classic tavern hok and 30 year season ticket holder) this week what he thought of the 60+ players speaking out about their time in IC. His response-- "If I see one player kneeling during the anthem I never go to Iowa City again".

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
If you want to get offended and call for a coach to be fired every time they say something mean and have some players that don’t like them, have at it. You won’t have many coaches left.

He said he wanted his own player to get injured. That's so messed up. That's not just him saying something mean that's flat out sick

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
Oh I was being sarcastic lol. He 100% knew where his son was living.

I don’t just mean that. That was asked sarcastically.

Don’t give racists like benji an inch. They aren’t here for truth. They’re here to argue in support of a racist culture.

that’s not acceptable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron