Kirk Ferentz getting sued for being racist

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrianglePlace

May 13, 2020
Is the end game financial for Green?

Dances around the question and doesn't answer saying he's a business man and it's not the point if it's financial or not.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Green saying he hasn't reached out to Husch Blackwell because it's a legal matter.

No it's not.
They're doing a "review" of the program right now.. It's no different than Iowa not commenting about any of these allegations because of the current "review".

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
I think we would ALL like to hear their sides of the story lol. It would be magnificent because they'd get completely dismantled. Doyle signed an NDA because Iowa didn't want him bringing Kirk Barta and Brian down with him. It would've been simple.

You know who I’d like to hear from? Noah Fant.

trevn

LIV Tour DJ
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Eastern Iowa
Yeah go figure the guy is born and raised in CR. Been a huge Hawkeye fan his entire life and won't let anything happen to his beloved program.

I think someone asked the question earlier whether or not Iowa or Iowa State fans could objectively look at this situation, as in they were too close to it on either side. I'd argue the local media fits exactly into that category. They're too close. They don't want things to go sideways with the Iowa football program for fear of retaliation (as has been discussed repeatedly) or the individuals are simply big fans of the program and don't want to see bad things happen to it. Either way, it's really tough to get objective, real news (or even opinions) about this situation locally.

I honestly feel there are elements of BS on both sides of the story here. And we are fools to think that no one will attempt to profit off this situation, whether it be monetarily or just from notoriety. As despicable as that is, it's a reality. It doesn't take away from the real racist claims that exist. There are too many people saying the same thing for it to be completely false. It's obviously a culture thing in Iowa football. We can argue about who can be believed and who can't, but the reality is, there is a big issue with the Iowa football program. All other BS aside, that much is clear.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
In almost every firing of a coach that's not performance related, the coach comes back and sues for wrongful termination. The coach doesn't want to look guilty especially considering he's going to want to get a job somewhere else in the future. Even if you lose, you can at least say that you fought the legal battle.

I don't think Barta is going to fire Kirk or Brian because Kirk has some dirt on Barta.

There’s a better chance of Kirk firing Barta than Barta firing Kirk.

Reactions: SolarGarlic

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
It was a yes/no question. That wasn't an answer.
LOL so you're mad he's not answering questions fully. They've asked more tough questions to this guy than Kirk Ferentz got asked and he's the main highlight of the investigation!

TrianglePlace

May 13, 2020
LOL so you're mad he's not answering questions fully. They've asked more tough questions to this guy than Kirk Ferentz got asked and he's the main highlight of the investigation!

I'm not mad at all.

You thinking that was an answer to the question is silly.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
I think someone asked the question earlier whether or not Iowa or Iowa State fans could objectively look at this situation, as in they were too close to it on either side. I'd argue the local media fits exactly into that category. They're too close. They don't want things to go sideways with the Iowa football program for fear of retaliation (as has been discussed repeatedly) or the individuals are simply big fans of the program and don't want to see bad things happen to it. Either way, it's really tough to get objective, real news (or even opinions) about this situation locally.

I honestly feel there are elements of BS on both sides of the story here. And we are fools to think that no one will attempt to profit off this situation, whether it be monetarily or just from notoriety. As despicable as that is, it's a reality. It doesn't take away from the real racist claims that exist. There are too many people saying the same thing for it to be completely false. It's obviously a culture thing in Iowa football. We can argue about who can be believed and who can't, but the reality is, there is a big issue with the Iowa football program. All other BS aside, that much is clear.
The local media has Kirk's seminal fluid on their chins. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

TRYHARDER

Aug 23, 2019

That's the most well thought out, intelligent post that I've read (maybe ever) on here. Nice work.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I'm not mad at all.

You thinking that was an answer to the question is silly.
I mean it's technically an answer, it's just not what you want to hear. If he said no, you would be arguing he should've said yes. Also, the question is completely meaningless. Him providing these players a platform (which they literally did not have before), then who cares if this guy's motive at the end is to get paid. He obviously sees this situation as a perfect opportunity because there is oozing evidence of misconduct.

Gitwitit

Dec 31, 2008
I think it's smart they found someone who is credible and they can trust to help with their platform
My struggle is that they don't need him. He's acting as a middleman but really has no experience with this type of situation. He specializes in business management services. He's not an attorney.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa

Agreed. However there seems to be enough smoke beyond the BS that this isn't something that can be swept under the rug.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
My struggle is that they don't need him. He's acting as a middleman but really has no experience with this type of situation. He specializes in business management services. He's not an attorney.
Yeah I will agree with you there. It would make far more sense to get a lawyer. However maybe the goal for the players is not to sue? Maybe they just want to get their voices heard and see action.

Status
Not open for further replies.