Kirk Ferentz getting sued for being racist

Status
Not open for further replies.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
I have no idea how Doyle would handle all of that. He was very public on Twitter when he essentially denied his behaviors. If he's pissed with his termination, he could certainly make this more messy by throwing blame on Kirk and Barta. It's also important how Brian is dealt with. If Doyle is let go and Brian stays on, it will get bad. If both Doyle and Brian are let go, Kirk will be up in arms. That's not to mention there are many players that are going to take legal action in all of this.

I have a pretty good idea how he would handle it...

giphy.gif

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
That answers half of my question although I think your answer is crap. He's the one that ran the juicy DJK story is the real answer. Multiple members of the media, including Chris Williams, have said they wouldn't have ran it without confirming the claims in there for accuracy.

Also, if your definition of unbiased is running the story and then reaching out to the University the following day for comment then I don't think you understand what you are saying. ISU fans just need to be honest, you are all Rob Howe fans now because he turned into the National Enquirer with the DJK piece.
Yeah well Iowa hasn't really been up front and honest about this entire situation so I understand Howe's logic in not going to them first with all of that. Also, Rob didn't publish his opinions or use excerpts from DJK's statements and comment throughout the entire story. He simply gave DJK a platform to tell his story.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
That answers half of my question although I think your answer is crap. He's the one that ran the juicy DJK story is the real answer. Multiple members of the media, including Chris Williams, have said they wouldn't have ran it without confirming the claims in there for accuracy.

Also, if your definition of unbiased is running the story and then reaching out to the University the following day for comment then I don't think you understand what you are saying. ISU fans just need to be honest, you are all Rob Howe fans now because he turned into the National Enquirer with the DJK piece.

@ChrisMWilliams defended him for running that article and said it shouldn't have been taken down

CarrollCyclone

Jul 7, 2011
Zero chance anything is said on Doyle tomorrow..

This will be about a weekly update on workouts and players after saying how unified the team is and they’ve never felt less racism in their entire life! bc kkkirk is our HC.

Ok questions?

Pat Hardy “Hey Kirk..really great of you to do this. Any changes to the offense?

Keith Murphy: “ Hi Kirk...Hope to have you again on our radio show this year, Have you and Gary Barta had a chance to reflect on things this week?”

Chad L: Hey Kirk..I know racism isn’t fair and this entire ordeal has been hard for you but are you surprised other fball programs former players haven’t come forward?

Bet you money Kirk doesn’t take 1 question actually and only the players will take questions..

Change!

Dang....I think that's a pretty realistic prediction of how this is all gonna go.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I don't think it's about what you want. I think it matters way more what the players want.

Most of the victims think there needs to be serious change. I do think the only way that could happen is KF to be gone or if KF somehow survives this he'll have to let Doyle and Brian go

CarrollCyclone

Jul 7, 2011
https://journalstar.com/sports/husk...00258630b9.html#tracking-source=home-trending

Husker beat writer thinks Ferentz is done

Of course, it's possible Kirk Ferentz, Iowa's head coach since 1999, will survive the wave of controversy that's rocked his program. But his future with the school is suddenly shaky. The educated guess here, based on what I've read and heard from folks close to the program, is Ferentz has coached his last game for the Hawkeyes. After all, the 64-year-old is inextricably linked to Chris Doyle, the Hawkeyes' strength and conditioning coach, who has been placed on administrative leave in the wake of allegations by former players about racial issues within the program.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I don't think it's about what you want. I think it matters way more what the players want.
If Kirk has violated rules, I don't think it matters what the players want honestly. Former players are bringing in legal council, some are going to the ACLU and EEOC, I'm sure the NCAA will get involved too. This is not going to be as simple as Iowa's trying to make it in which they're forming a little council and that council will decide each person's fate.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
If Kirk has violated rules, I don't think it matters what the players want honestly. Former players are bringing in legal council, some are going to the ACLU and EEOC, I'm sure the NCAA will get involved too. This is not going to be as simple as Iowa's trying to make it in which they're forming a little council and that council will decide each person's fate.

This. Honestly I don't think KF has the ability to change the program either. It's been that bad for so long. Like I said if I were an Iowa fan I would absolutely want him gone but then again I don't support racism and abuse

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Dang....I think that's a pretty realistic prediction of how this is all gonna go.

Kirk won't let the players take too many questions because he probably only gave them 1-2 answers to use and doesn't want that to seem obvious. Kirk will say he is going back to review (like his review the tape answer when asked about issues during the game) what has happened. Will say things are fluid and that they change, but they are taking this seriously. Will mention that he wishes they would have came to him personally (so he could squelch it honestly), because that would have been easier to handle directly and at the time. He will also not remember specific instances and/or he can't discuss it because it is confidential player information.

He will also pin the worst and nearly 100% on Doyle to avoid his son taking heat. He may be willing to throw another position coach under the bus to help baby ferentz out also.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
This. Honestly I don't think KF has the ability to change the program either. It's been that bad for so long. Like I said if I were an Iowa fan I would absolutely want him gone but then again I don't support racism and abuse
If you're an Iowa fan, think about it from this perspective. Kirk is leaving soon anyway. His reputation is tarnished. This is probably the only way to not have Brian be the next head coach.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Hearing Doyle's kid is getting some serious attention in the portal. "Blue bloods are interested" was the text I got.

Reactions: aauummm

WooBadger18

Sep 5, 2012
On Wisconsin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron