Kirk Ferentz getting sued for being racist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Someone called out the local media for the coverage on this subject during the penalty box on the morning rush. Heather and Travis both agreed that it is odd that bandgate did get way more coverage.
Attempted murder is a big deal

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Someone called out the local media for the coverage on this subject during the penalty box on the morning rush. Heather and Travis both agreed that it is odd that bandgate did get way more coverage.
From an outsiders perspective, yes it is extremely odd. When you're talking about Gary Barta, it's not odd at all.

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
That's actually not true, but I'll agree with you that his job is less up in the air as others on the staff are. However with that being said, this entire situation is multi-faceted and could get very very interesting when punishments start getting handed down. We know Kirk wants Brian to be the head coach when he's gone, so what happens if Brian is fired? Does Kirk stay? Doyle has already came out and denied any wrong doing on his part, so if he's terminated and decides to sue the school (which would happen), is he going to take Kirk and Brian down with him?

No way Brian goes without Kirk going too.

Iowa is going to deny and defend to the maximum, they will not cave until they are broken. The former players ought to find some high-powered law firm and do a class action suit for like $500M. That would bring the heat.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
No way Brian goes without Kirk going too.

Iowa is going to deny and defend to the maximum, they will not cave until they are broken. The former players ought to find some high-powered law firm and do a class action suit for like $500M. That would bring the heat.
Yeah after reading that article in the Register, it seems pretty clear that this is not going to be a clean ordeal. It will get messy.

intrepid27

Oct 9, 2006
Marion, IA
That's actually not true, but I'll agree with you that his job is less up in the air as others on the staff are. However with that being said, this entire situation is multi-faceted and could get very very interesting when punishments start getting handed down. We know Kirk wants Brian to be the head coach when he's gone, so what happens if Brian is fired? Does Kirk stay? Doyle has already came out and denied any wrong doing on his part, so if he's terminated and decides to sue the school (which would happen), is he going to take Kirk and Brian down with him?

If Doyle were to turn on Kirk and University it will all be settled quickly, out of public view, and for a mountain of cash. He could bury both KKKirk and Brian in a hurray.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
I was done after the first caller that equated it to a drill Sargent. He opened by stating Doyle hasn't actually used any racist words correct?Because "THAT" world be unacceptable.

Yeah and I'm pretty sure that same guy called the 4:00 show.... It's amazing how people just aren't getting it.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
If Doyle were to turn on Kirk and University it will all be settled quickly, out of public view, and for a mountain of cash. He could bury both KKKirk and Brian in a hurray.
I have no idea how Doyle would handle all of that. He was very public on Twitter when he essentially denied his behaviors. If he's pissed with his termination, he could certainly make this more messy by throwing blame on Kirk and Barta. It's also important how Brian is dealt with. If Doyle is let go and Brian stays on, it will get bad. If both Doyle and Brian are let go, Kirk will be up in arms. That's not to mention there are many players that are going to take legal action in all of this.

TRYHARDER

Aug 23, 2019
The former players ought to find some high-powered law firm and do a class action suit for like $500M. That would bring the heat.
You'd love that wouldn't you? Lot's of folks here would love nothing more than to see the Iowa football program burnt to the ground. To the contrary, most of the players that have spoken out and have been directly affected by all of this want just the opposite. They want change and transparency but they don't want the program destroyed. They want it to use this opportunity to be better. I haven't read everything that has been put out there by former players but that is the overall feeling I get from what I have read.

cycloneman003

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 14, 2008
Madison, WI
Why the lack of respect before and why do you have more now?
I don't want to speak for him, but from my standpoint it would largely be indifference previously (don't pay too much attention one way or the other to hawk reporters) to earning a great deal of respect by not being afraid to share these guy's stories.

I know you're trying to spin it as "you didn't respect him before, but now you do? How convenient". You all are putting as much spin as possible on this whole thing and working feverishly to argue semantics, discredit accusers, etc.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there

Doyle could actually be in a pretty powerful position here. If he thinks he's innocent, he could go kicking and screaming, he'd basically be fighting for his livelihood, no way he would get hired again after this. If Iowa were to fire him, they will likely need to prove why they fired him. It'll be pretty tough for Iowa to provide evidence of his wrongdoing without implicating Kirk or someone else in the department.

It's a pretty tricky spot for them. The quieter he goes, the better for everyone at Iowa involved. If he goes out guns blazing, he could make things very ugly for them. The bad guy getting a fat check on his way out would be pretty disgusting but at this point, Iowa seems to be doing everything it can to keep Kirk clean. IMO paying Doyle to play ball is the only way they can do that.

TrianglePlace

May 13, 2020
He's been the most unbiased in this entire situation and has been ridiculed for doing so.

That answers half of my question although I think your answer is crap. He's the one that ran the juicy DJK story is the real answer. Multiple members of the media, including Chris Williams, have said they wouldn't have ran it without confirming the claims in there for accuracy.

Also, if your definition of unbiased is running the story and then reaching out to the University the following day for comment then I don't think you understand what you are saying. ISU fans just need to be honest, you are all Rob Howe fans now because he turned into the National Enquirer with the DJK piece.

TrianglePlace

May 13, 2020
I don't want to speak for him, but from my standpoint it would largely be indifference previously (don't pay too much attention one way or the other to hawk reporters) to earning a great deal of respect by not being afraid to share these guy's stories.

I know you're trying to spin it as "you didn't respect him before, but now you do? How convenient". You all are putting as much spin as possible on this whole thing and working feverishly to argue semantics, discredit accusers, etc.

The only thing Howe has done is publish the DJK story that nobody else would touch and retweet all the former players tweets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron