Kirk Ferentz getting sued for being racist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
It boggles my mind that a HUGE story like this has not been given the attention it deserves by the Des Moines TV stations. As far as I know, Channel 13 mentioned a few nights ago that Doyle is in trouble. Today, Murphy had a snippet of what McNutt said: "Doyle needs to go but KF stays." There has been no mention at all about the video from Wadley's mother, the Koulianos amazing statement, or the over 50 black players who have spoken out against KF.

The other two stations have had zero coverage of the incredible racist happenings at IA since all this came to light. As far as I'm concerned all the TV stations here have SUCKED on the biggest sports story here in several decades. This includes Murphy.

It's very obvious to me and all of you that they are SO afraid of the ramifications that they are keeping it quiet. They all bow to all mighty Iowa. DISGUSTING! On the other hand, if ISU has the tiniest wrong doing, they will make it a lead story and talk about it for weeks on end.

The good thing is that I believe this will not die. The National Media will get more riled up about it as the days go by.

The local media treats their press passes as season tickets. There's always been talk about outright cheering from the reporters in there. If those reporters were to cover this properly, they'd lose their season tickets.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
KXNO covered it done today... CW gave a good view on Doyle I thought...then some other guy not Ross P but other guy chines in and says he sees a path for Doyle to return and then Ross agrees and I’m listening with my jaw open like how can anyone that has heard what these players have said even think Doyle should be a paid employee in this state any longer?

You really didn't listen to that conversation too closely. He said he saw a path for Doyle to come back, but based on his statement he wasn't on that path. Basically the only way he could come back is if he admitted fault. Chris said the same thing when he said he didn't see any way Doyle could be brought back after his statement.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
The suppression of the freedom of the press by a state university threatening press access if they cover the racism and discrimination in their football program is not surprising. The lack of a backbone by the press to protect those rights is terrifying.

#Prayers for Cordell got more coverage by KXNO than systemic racism in the Hawkeye football program alleged by over 50 players. Hawk fans wanted an ISU student who appeared to weigh about 130 pounds expelled from the university for putting his arms out so he wouldn’t fall on Pemsl with his full weight after he charged into the stands and took out the fan’s legs.

The powerful know whose voices must be stifled and how to peddle garbage.

everyyard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2006
www.cyclonejerseys.com
If anyone wants to email Pat Forde at Sports Illustrated or Dan Wolken at USAToday and tell them to not let this story go regardless of the fact Iowa media aren't covering it...and then sending a link to the Rob Howe tweet of the mother's video, here's their email:

[email protected]
[email protected]

probably just need to get Colin Cowherd on it. He has a soft spot for Iowa.

swessball

Mar 23, 2016
Murph and Andy aren't going to burn the bridge... It took them YEARS to get Kirk on their show and I doubt they are going to risk losing that.
Yeah, I agree it'd be bad business to do that. Just a little disappointing when they've ripped on other schools, fan bases, and media outlets over the years for losing institutional control yet seem to take it easy on KF.

Reactions: erinmd32

swessball

Mar 23, 2016
I assume you're talking about Andrew Downs. I know he is a big Hawk fan, but I don't believe for a second he tells Murph and Andy what they and can't say.
No I don't think he tells them what they can and can't say, but he definitely steers the content on that show more than any other producer on KXNO.

johnnydugouts

Jan 11, 2013
It boggles my mind that a HUGE story like this has not been given the attention it deserves by the Des Moines TV stations. As far as I know, Channel 13 mentioned a few nights ago that Doyle is in trouble. Today, Murphy had a snippet of what McNutt said: "Doyle needs to go but KF stays." There has been no mention at all about the video from Wadley's mother, the Koulianos amazing statement, or the over 50 black players who have spoken out against KF.

The other two stations have had zero coverage of the incredible racist happenings at IA since all this came to light. As far as I'm concerned all the TV stations here have SUCKED on the biggest sports story here in several decades. This includes Murphy.

It's very obvious to me and all of you that they are SO afraid of the ramifications that they are keeping it quiet. They all bow to all mighty Iowa. DISGUSTING! On the other hand, if ISU has the tiniest wrong doing, they will make it a lead story and talk about it for weeks on end.

The good thing is that I believe this will not die. The National Media will get more riled up about it as the days go by.

ignoring Wadleys mom and DJK are smart moves if you want to retain any credibility as a journalist.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
ignoring Wadleys mom and DJK are smart moves if you want to retain any credibility as a journalist.
That. That is your only post in this thread?

Ignoring skin color and sexual orientation are smart moves if you want to be a decent human.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa

Let's play your game and say its true. Isn't the 50+ other players who came forward enough to cause for a house cleaning of the program?

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
The suppression of the freedom of the press by a state university threatening press access if they cover the racism and discrimination in their football program is not surprising. The lack of a backbone by the press to protect those rights is terrifying.

#Prayers for Cordell got more coverage by KXNO than systemic racism in the Hawkeye football program alleged by over 50 players. Hawk fans wanted an ISU student who appeared to weigh about 130 pounds expelled from the university for putting his arms out so he wouldn’t fall on Pemsl with his full weight after he charged into the stands and took out the fan’s legs.

YES! SHE'S BACK!

Reactions: VeloClone

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.

Is this who I think it is?????

scyclonekid

Feb 13, 2008
**** the local media, been sucking on kirks nuts for years bunch of pussies. If this happened here these local pricks wouldn’t shut up about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.