Keyshawn Feazell Decommitts

cyyote15

Nov 3, 2013
Sioux Falls, SD
My dark horse pick is Marcedus Leech.

If he plays anything like his high 4* or low 5* ranking of yore, he is easily going to come in as a true freshman and start on the wing for the team next year.

If somebody of Wigginton or Horton-Tucker is gone, the spot is obviously there.

Haliburton
Nixon
Leech
Horton-Tucker
Jacobson

Leech may very well play similar to Shayok. I am excited to see what he can do at ISU. He has a lot of potential

Reactions: Sigmapolis

Bewilderme

Apr 11, 2006
Minneapolis
Knew I was forgetting someone! Could definitely see Leech have a contribution. Starter might be a stretch with what we have coming back imo, but that 3 spot could be weak if THT goes.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
My dark horse pick is Marcedus Leech.

If he plays anything like his high 4* or low 5* ranking of yore, he is easily going to come in as a true freshman and start on the wing for the team next year.

If somebody of Wigginton or Horton-Tucker is gone, the spot is obviously there.

Haliburton
Nixon
Leech
Horton-Tucker
Jacobson

He's too skinny. Will need to redshirt.

kidding

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Unless somebody makes a Naz freshman-to-sophomore kind of leap and if Leech is anything like his initial recruiting ranks, I think he absolutely would be a starter.

Prohm does favor seniors, but I do not think he plays favorites based on seniority between underclassmen. If Leech comes in and is good, he will start, just like Lindell and Talen went and started their first games in a Cyclone uniform the past two years.
Lineup threads are known for optimism based on previous success. Not even a year ago Zion, the higher rated recruit of the two, would be getting the benefit of the doubt that you're giving Leech.

Nevertheless, it wasn't commentary on which has the best odds to start, but rather which is the type of player to replace the flexibility of senior NWBs and Shayok. Leech, Jackson, and Nixon could all be great and start, but that doesn't mean they fit the narrative of 1-4 flexibility.

This is a unique group.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Lineup threads are known for optimism based on previous success. Not even a year ago Zion, the higher rated recruit of the two, would be getting the benefit of the doubt that you're giving Leech.

Nevertheless, it wasn't commentary on which has the best odds to start, but rather which is the type of player to replace the flexibility of senior NWBs and Shayok. Leech, Jackson, and Nixon could all be great and start, but that doesn't mean they fit the narrative of 1-4 flexibility.

This is a unique group.

You are right that our guards/wings this year are a special combination of two-way players with the length and strength to switch everything between 1 and 4 and even 1 and 5.

I think Prohm is recruiting to that archetype, though. He likes this system. This is where basketball is and is going, even beyond the Hoiball style on offense from eight years ago.

If you do not look at Leech and the recruits for 2020 and 2021 and see shades of rangy, lanky guys like Marial and Nick, then we are probably not looking at the same guys.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
You are right that our guards/wings this year are a special combination of two-way players with the length and strength to switch everything between 1 and 4 and even 1 and 5.

I think Prohm is recruiting to that archetype, though. He likes this system. This is where basketball is and is going, even beyond the Hoiball style on offense from eight years ago.

If you do not look at Leech and the recruits for 2020 and 2021 and see shades of rangy, lanky guys like Marial and Nick, then we are probably not looking at the same guys.
We're taking about 2019-20. If you're looking at Nixon,Jackson, and seeing shades of Marial and Nick, I think you're seeing what you want to see. A freshman Leech may be closer, but to my original comment, not as much as a sophomore Zion.

Jumping to future recruiting, which is very much different topic than next year's lineup flexibility, that's an often repeated narrative, but probably overplayed. Basketball has always prioritized rangy, lanky guys for basketball players. We haven't moved to new archetype, and we've actually recruited a lot of small guards recently, and continue to with guys like Terry. Prohm also recruits more positionally limited forwards than before. He recruited Jacobson solely for defense and rebounding, Lard is a liability everywhere except the paint as a five. I'm high on Anderson as a Georges type, but he's a question mark as a two-way player. I don't see a change in recruiting or even a system, other than getting the best players you can, mindful of what complements your roster.

• Informative
Reactions: Sigmapolis

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron