Keyshawn Feazell Decommitts

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
Wtf why would anyone want to go to Mississippi state over Iowa state? When the last time they made the tournament? I swear the word commitment means nothing to some of these recruits.

This is very typical....commit to a school just to get a schollie and then decommit and go where you wanted to go... in the first place

Recruiting is a very Nasty Business...............

• Agree
Reactions: Yellow Snow

NewClone09

Jan 7, 2009
Ames, IA
I don't believe this will happen but heck, he could flip back after a few weeks of realizing where he is going (this IS recruiting) or maybe he pulls a malik newman.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
With the Lard update, I'm not sure it would have made sense to sign both guys. Honestly, getting a grad transfer or a juco and balancing out the scholarships would be better for the program in the long run. I understand why Feazell made his choice, especially with Lard back in the picture. I think he's going to be a solid player in a few years, I wish him the best of luck. Getting either Stokes or Wiggington would cushion this blow, might even make us forget about it totally.

CySmurf

Jul 14, 2011
Sucks to miss out on Faezell, but he's a 3-star Mississippi kid who flipped to his instate school after news came out Lard will most likely be part of the 2017 class. A 17 year old changed his mind and made the best decision for himself and his future. I love the Cyclones (and they have a lot to offer with their basketball program) but Ames, IA and the university here isn't at the center of the college basketball universe.
Watch your mouth with talk like that! ;-)

Reactions: Gibbon

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
You thought that was good? Stupid IMO.

Could we go to a bowl, maybe a 10% chance, but yes it could happen. The whole thing about adding Dowling or streaking in Alaska, etc..... just stupid.

You had to have ended up on a different article than the one about Feazell.

CloneinWDSM

Aug 9, 2013
We escaped a bullet with this kid De-committing from ISU. Can barely see the floor and when he does- he gets worked over from the sounds of it.

Going back through some old threads, there were definitely quite a few big men we were in on that hasn’t panned out.

Feazell, Stokes, etc

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
We escaped a bullet with this kid De-committing from ISU. Can barely see the floor and when he does- he gets worked over from the sounds of it.

Going back through some old threads, there were definitely quite a few big men we were in on that hasn’t panned out.

Feazell, Stokes, etc

Lard (especially at his best), Jacobson, and Young (once healthy again) are all better than those two. And Conditt is looking way up beyond them, as well.

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA

Feazell, Stokes, etc
Stokes really surprised me. I thought he was going to be a stud.

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids

Feazell, Stokes, etc

Prohm guard evaluation = money
Prohm big man evaluation = so/so

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Prohm guard evaluation = money
Prohm big man evaluation = so/so
Both Stokes and Feazell are behind good players on teams that also have a lot of perimeter guys to play. Although those teams do play their bench more, there’s a good chance Feazell and Stokes would probably be putting up similar numbers as Lard and Conditt this year if they were at ISU, or Anderson will next year.

There are more misses on big men at baseline.

Imo:
Prohm guard evaluation = very much above average
Prohm big man evaluation= average when actually evaluating

He’s had many forwards that weren’t good enough (Kasongo was a huge miss, Holden probably too), but most of those weren’t evaluation error as much as taking home the only one left at the bar at closing time.

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
He’s had many forwards that weren’t good enough (Kasongo was a huge miss, Holden probably too), but they all have one thing in common- most of those weren’t evaluation error as much as taking home the only one left at the bar at closing time.

Lol good line.

You’re right that those dudes were last grasps. I’d also add Simeon Carter and Brady Ernst to those list of “take a shot” players.

Lard, Young and Conditt they had more time to evaluate and so far they’ve paid off.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
Yeah the Lard thing is kind of working out. Some of those bigs were just trying to get a body. Especially the grad transfers. The market was dry and we needed a big guy.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron