Kershaw gets his no hitter

ribsnwhiskey

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2009
He's the best pitcher in baseball, and I honestly don't think it's even that close.

Absolutely. He's only 26, 2 Cy Young's, 3 straight years of best ERA in both leagues, 86 k's in 64 ip this year...and last night. Feel free to add more.

tm3308

Jun 13, 2010
The only thing Verlander has on Kershaw is that he's banging Kate Upton.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Caught me. Yeah we are going Tuesday and Wednesday nights. Wednesday in a dugout suite right next to the Dodgers. Bringing my Dad along who literally is the biggest Dodgers fan I've ever met. Should be a fun time. I know of some other Cyclone/Dodgers fans as well heading down. I think we might even tailgate Tuesday night and hit up Kellys after.

When I read that a Dodger got the no-no, I immediately thought of your dad. He is the biggest Dodger fan I know too.

ItsCyence

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Sioux City
My grandpa is a pretty big Dodgers fan. He's been a fan since they were in Brooklyn.

HappyJoe

Jan 21, 2014
Des Moines
Yeah I always get asked why I am a Dodgers fan. I have to tell them that my Grandfather was from LA and when they moved from Brooklyn, he started the fan hood which carried to my Dad and thus to me. As someone who not only dislikes most all pro teams but particular large market pro teams, it is interesting our family is such huge Dodgers fans. Oh well, being a die hard Cyclone and Dodger keeps us busy most of the year.

tm3308

Jun 13, 2010
I'd say Kershaw has the top 2 best pitches in the game.

The crazy thing is it can be tough to decide which two pitches those are. His fastball, slider and curve are all downright filthy.

KnappShack

May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
LA Times said only 52,000 people watched the no hitter due to the Dodger channel issues.

Time Warner seems to have really overplayed their hand on this. I hope the cable companies stand their ground

CYKOFAN

Mar 27, 2006
Yeah I always get asked why I am a Dodgers fan. I have to tell them that my Grandfather was from LA and when they moved from Brooklyn, he started the fan hood which carried to my Dad and thus to me. As someone who not only dislikes most all pro teams but particular large market pro teams, it is interesting our family is such huge Dodgers fans. Oh well, being a die hard Cyclone and Dodger keeps us busy most of the year.

Always interesting how people in the Midwest became Dodger fans. I was all Yankees and Mickey Mantle until we moved from farm near Ankeny to San Diego when I was 9. Padres were AAA so I started listening to Vin Scully and got hooked on those great teams of late 50's and early 60's. By the time we moved back to Ankeny in 63 I was hooked and like you, they're the only pro team I have a strong allegiance to. I also passed my love for the blue crew to my kids. It's about time to head south to KC to help the Royals keep their streak alive.