Kenneth Lynn Snubs ISU for... KU?

pulse

Mar 24, 2006
[/B]
How many players fit that bill - in college or pro - right now? Not asking for too much, I suppose.

Reminds me of when Hobbs went to the Patriots and a Pats friend was complaining about his height at the time. I said look at all of the guys in the Pats secondary, they were all 5'-something.

cytheguy

May 23, 2006
There is a chance this was also a mutual decision, with the ISU staff deciding that another player would be a better fit for ISU, so they told kenneth to look elsewhere for a playing opportunity. Things like this happen, and be glad it happened before he got on campus and wasted a scholarship and a year of eligibility.

We're Iowa State, not Texas, Ohio State, Florida, etc. We don't have the luxury of telling three-star recruits to take a hike in favor of better recruits.

CarolinaCy

Apr 18, 2008
Ran a 4.43.

Roger's-Cramartie was the closest I got but he's only 190 lbs.

NFL Network timed Mays at 4.24, and later showed video of him 1 step behind Jacoby Ford, who officially ran 4.28, when showed side-by-side, and faster than Trindan Holliday, who ran a 4.34

In any case, the point stands that nobody is signing guys like that, so I don't know why our fans would expect ISU to be digging these guys up left and right.

clonestar12

May 16, 2006
Texas
I see your point. We have to remember we are talking about young, very impressionable kids who will make decisions on a whim. My thought is that KU is the last team he visited. Right now he may feel good about them and he may have made a decision based on those feelings and hasn't really thought things through, which is very typical of a young kid.

Yep, and just maybe his "whim" comittment was to ISU. The young man has been in contact with KU all season and feels more comfortable with them. These things happen, and you move on.

The_Architect

Apr 11, 2006
KU!? Turner Gill!? No swearing or girls after 10pm!?

Gill will be run out of there in the next 3 seasons, nice work Kenneth.

Lawls.

KMAC_ATTACK

Feb 20, 2007
Waterloo
Kenneth, enjoy Lawrence kids will switch thats just a part of the recruiting game...

The rub i have is with CycloneReport, why in the H(#* does Paul Clark at the ISU Rivals page glorify the switch....to me thats just plain stupid for an ISU supporter to put it on the front page of the RIVALS website.....i wud rather it was swept under the rug then publicized....

Just stupid imo, kid has a chance to play as a redshirt Freshman as our secondary will take a heavy toll after next year...instead he can sit there in Lawrence watchin DJ return punts for 4 yards...

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Kenneth, enjoy Lawrence kids will switch thats just a part of the recruiting game...

The rub i have is with CycloneReport, why in the H(#* does Paul Clark at the ISU Rivals page glorify the switch....to me thats just plain stupid for an ISU supporter to put it on the front page of the RIVALS website.....i wud rather it was swept under the rug then publicized....

Just stupid imo, kid has a chance to play as a redshirt Freshman as our secondary will take a heavy toll after next year...instead he can sit there in Lawrence watchin DJ return punts for 4 yards...

Yeah, I don't get that either. Everyone already knew about it by the time that he posted it. It didn't need to be front page stuff.

clonestar12

May 16, 2006
Texas

It was written by Jon Kirby(KU rivals), and is the biggest news in ISU recruiting today so it automatically goes on the front page. You don`t ignore news just because it is not good news.

pikecy10

Jun 14, 2010
Kansas City
It might have nothing to do with skill or "stars". Sometimes players aren't right for the program, and just like players leave Oklahoma and come to Iowa State (see David Sims), you never know what the reason for a change is, so throwing the kid or the coaches under the bus is never a good idea. I know this situation is very different then the one with David Sims, but he was a player who came to Iowa State late in the game, and things can happen. Someone had a good reason for the change and I highly doubt it was Turner Gill trying to screw Iowa State over.

I HIGHLY doubt this was a mutual decision. I think we plain got scooped by Gill however hard that is to believe.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
I think more importantly than 6 foot 4.3 running DBs is a a Quarterback that runs a 4.3 and can throw a ball 80 yards from his knees through the goalposts. That is what we need.

Tank

Sep 13, 2008
Niceville, FL
I think more importantly than 6 foot 4.3 running DBs is a a Quarterback that runs a 4.3 and can throw a ball 80 yards from his knees through the goalposts. That is what we need.

Because that worked for Jamarcus Russel, Ryan Leaf, Troy Marinovich and we'll see on Cam Newton.