I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016

helechopper

Loyal Son Forever True
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2006
Chicago
Ummm...I think he's going to be alright.

Could you imagine over 700K just dropping in your account on a Friday afternoon? Drinks are definitely on him!

• Agree
Reactions: aauummm and Aclone

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
Ummm...I think he's going to be alright.

Could you imagine over 700K just dropping in your account on a Friday afternoon? Drinks are definitely on him!
He still had a good Friday...don't get me wrong...but realistically he actually got about $325k.

35% federal tax give or take
10% MN tax
7-10% to agent
Additional union dues

usedcarguy

Apr 12, 2008
Ames
So after all is said and done, at the end of year one he should have around $700k in his pocket. At his age, invested appropriately, his retirement will be fully funded, even if he wants to retire at age 40. If he can hang on until the end of his rookie contract, he'll never have to work again.

But with that being said, it's still highway robbery for getting fleeced out of half of what he makes.

83cy

May 14, 2006
Not to get off topic, but isn't federal withholding on bonuses 22%?
Depends. Doesn't matter what withholding is he still owes roughly $245,000 fed tax and roughly $70,000 Mn tax and fica and medicare tax but still a nice sum.

Last edited:

20eyes

May 15, 2020
So after all is said and done, at the end of year one he should have around $700k in his pocket. At his age, invested appropriately, his retirement will be fully funded, even if he wants to retire at age 40. If he can hang on until the end of his rookie contract, he'll never have to work again.

But with that being said, it's still highway robbery for getting fleeced out of half of what he makes.
All true, but this kid could have his own engineering firm after football. Not worried about Kene...whatever he wants to do...

Bipolarcy

Oct 27, 2008
That's a pretty good payday for a kid fresh out of college. Better than my first paycheck...

I worked 35 years before I earned that much. When I went to the Social Security office when I was getting ready to retire, they told me I had earned just over $1 million in my lifetime after nearly 50 years of working. My dad probably earned less than half that in his lifetime. He was in the Air Force for 21 years and then worked 20+ years in a factory at a starting pay of $2.35 an hour, which was good money in those days. I don't think he ever earned as much as even $10 an hour through the years, even though he made foreman at his factory job.

DrClone

Jun 13, 2009

Not to worry. With the way the government is spending their only going to go up.