Kansas doesn't seem like typical kansas this year

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
I thought Harris, McMullar, and Dickinson were all really good. They just aren't deep. A lot of basketball games can be won with a few studs and I've never seen our d get carved up as bad as they did tonight under TJ. Dickinson changes our entire d.

I disagree. I felt the defense was outstanding. BYU carved up our defense, Kansas just made plays despite our defense.

rosshm16

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 8, 2023
I know he gets a nice stat line, but Dickinson changes the way they play and not in a good way imo.
Totally agree. On offense they seemed slower than normal, a lot more halfcourt than I feel like I typically see from KU, and he doesn't get it back on defense. He takes up a lot of room but is otherwise just kind of average defensively.

Reactions: OrangeCarrot

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Totally agree. On offense they seemed slower than normal, a lot more halfcourt than I feel like I typically see from KU, and he doesn't get it back on defense. He takes up a lot of room but is otherwise just kind of average defensively.

If they don’t pull it together over the next 3 games I bet Self changes it up and I bet it involves going smaller.

Cyientist

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 18, 2013
Ankeny
Just looked at the minutes played. 4 of their starters logged more than 35 minutes with 2 playing 38. Gilbert had the most for us and it was only 34. I don’t think I’ve ever seen it happen like that against KU.

mkadl

Mar 17, 2006
Cornfield
I know there is a lot of season left, and I'll probably eat those words, but they just don't feel like big bad kansas so far this season. They are a good team but they don't feel like they are the team to beat for the title like they normally do. Beyond their starters their bench just isn't that great. They are top 20 good for sure, but I don't think they are top 10 good. At least not at this point.

now that i said it out loud, they will go undefeated from here on out and win the league title.
They are better than they have ever been!!!!! And we beat them.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
They don't have much of a bench this year, which is surprising since I can't imagine they're hurting for NIL money.

That being said, they tend to cycle. Will have some good but not great teams, then cycle back up to being NC contenders.

cyatheart

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2008
I know there is a lot of season left, and I'll probably eat those words, but they just don't feel like big bad kansas so far this season. They are a good team but they don't feel like they are the team to beat for the title like they normally do. Beyond their starters their bench just isn't that great. They are top 20 good for sure, but I don't think they are top 10 good. At least not at this point.

now that i said it out loud, they will go undefeated from here on out and win the league title.
Will see, it's not March yet, they will be a tough out

EvilBetty

Sep 7, 2012
They are super-thin (by KU standards of rosters). I read earlier that their bench has something like one (1) field goal in the past two games.

Among their starters, I also don't think KJ Adams is all that good. He's a great athlete but doesn't have much basketball skill, mostly just flings himself at the basket.
that is correct. over the past two games their bench has 2 points.

Cyhig

Nov 29, 2017

They don’t have a bench this season. Their starting 5 are great players, but a team needs. 7-8 man rotation to be successful

8bitnes

Nov 21, 2010
I will take the win 100 times out of 100, and dog KU fans the entire time, but they are not deep enough to be as good as the might usually be this year. That they are a top 10 team (at this moment) is a joke. Maybe top 25…maybe…but they’re getting by on name.
All three major computer rankings have them in the top 20

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA
I feel like this is always the January take on KU. Then they improve faster than everyone else and win the conference. Even with this "horrible" start everyone is talking about they are still clearly in the thick of the other contenders.

Reactions: FerShizzle

cycfan1

Nov 27, 2006
Ames
Holy hell their bench is bad.

Neither Harris or Adams does any spacing for their offense.

That being said they still put up 70+ on our defense.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron