K-State Blown Out by Loyola

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
Rumors now that Pitt wants to hire him. LOL. Leave an E8 team with everyone back for a dumpster fire out east coming off a 0-18 ACC season.

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
Rumors now that Pitt wants to hire him. LOL. Leave an E8 team with everyone back for a dumpster fire out east coming off a 0-18 ACC season.

Maybe Pitt should have gave Dixon more to stay. I just figured Weber was at peace where he is and would finish his career at KSU.

cycfan1

Nov 27, 2006
Ames

Wonder if Bruce is getting sick of those that say he can't win without other peoples players... what better challenge than to prove them wrong?

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012
Bruce finally got himself off the hot seat at kst. He's good next year, then after Brown and Wade are gone, he'll get one year free pass, then one year to show something.

Funny thing is, there's still a segment of their fan base that will be calling for him to be fired during the season next year. No surprise really, they're the ones that hated him from the hire. There's a similar type around here with Prohm.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Why would people not be able or willing to admit that Loyola is a good (maybe even great) basketball team? Because they are a classic "mid-major" and by God, only Power 5 teams can be good basketball teams? I'm not taking you on directly, but that kind of mindset is just plain stupid. If people can't appreciate and respect Loyola at this point, then why even watch the Final Four?

Man you get salty about the MVC. People didn't know about the Ramblers prior to the tourney because they played in a conference that got 1 bid to the NCAA and NIT, they played two top 50 teams all year and got obliterated by Boise in one of them, and this is their first time in the tournament since 1985. People are a little bit skeptical and have every right to be.

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
For Kstate, you have to hope that Wade didn't do any long term damage to his foot by attempting to play in the tournament. I assume Weber will get a boost to his contract either through pay or an extension. They should be really good next year with everyone back.

• Agree
Reactions: surly

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
Wonder if Bruce is getting sick of those that say he can't win without other peoples players... what better challenge than to prove them wrong?
The current guys at K-State are all Weber recruits.

Frankly, I wonder if this isn't agent talk? Bruce's contract should be extended and pay increased after the E8 run.

I know him a little bit. He's going nowhere.

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Man you get salty about the MVC. People didn't know about the Ramblers prior to the tourney because they played in a conference that got 1 bid to the NCAA and NIT, they played two top 50 teams all year and got obliterated by Boise in one of them, and this is their first time in the tournament since 1985. People are a little bit skeptical and have every right to be.

Man, you got salty about my post.

And FWIW, I'm not talking about people that might have picked Miami to beat them in the first round of the tournament. I think it's fair to be skeptical about any team that you're not familiar with, whether they are from the Power 5 conferences or the "mid-majors". I was referring to people who are still thinking that Loyola is a "fluke" team who doesn't deserve to be there even after they got to the Final Four. The poster whom I quoted seemed to be echoing that kind of sentiment, even if he or she does not believe it themselves, when they wrote "at some point people are going to have to admit they're pretty good".

And if I do appear "salty" at times about the MVC, it's because I graduated from an MVC school (UNI, and yes, I am a dual fan), and I can appreciate the quality basketball that is played within that league. IMO there is certainly a sense of entitlement among Power 5 teams, including ISU with some people, that leads to an inherent amount of disrespect towards any school that isn't a Power 5 team. It's partly why otherwise rational posters absolutely lose their **** on here whenever UNI beats ISU in basketball (which despite this past season has happened more times than not recently). "HOW DARE THEY BEAT US!!!???? HOW DARE THEY? DON'T THEY UNDERSTAND THAT TO JUST BE ON THE SAME COURT WITH US IS GOOD ENOUGH FOR THEM? HOW DARE THEY COMPETE WITH US? WHY DON'T THEY JUST BEND OVER FOR US AND LET US WIN!!! WHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!.

Obviously some hyperbole there, but you get my point. I compare it to people getting angry that Kansas State did as well this year as they did. Why get so upset about a different school winning games? It makes absolutely no sense to me.

Are you still skeptical about Loyola after they beat 4 higher seeds to make it to the Final Four, including 3 Power 5 schools and a very talented team who spent most of the season ranked? If so, why?

cycfan1

Nov 27, 2006
Ames
The current guys at K-State are all Weber recruits.

Frankly, I wonder if this isn't agent talk? Bruce's contract should be extended and pay increased after the E8 run.

I know him a little bit. He's going nowhere.

Its a joke... has made a living inheriting good situations... why not go somewhere with no players and an 0-18 season?

I'd be careful extending off of this season... I mean you were one loss away from missing the tourney and wanting him fired.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
Its a joke... has made a living inheriting good situations... why not go somewhere with no players and an 0-18 season?

I'd be careful extending off of this season... I mean you were one loss away from missing the tourney and wanting him fired.
And one win from the Final4.

cycfan1

Nov 27, 2006
Ames
And one win from the Final4.

I'm well aware.
Live in KC and gf is a huge Kstate fan.

If you want to extend the guy more after a fortunate run... go for it. Think the majority of Kstate fans I know would argue against.

All this talk about how good Kstate going to be because they return everyone? 0-7 against the top 3 teams in the Big12. Just because you return everyone doesn't automatically make it a good team.

I really love Wade though... until your guards can space the defense a little better will be a struggle. I know you were missing Wade, but that four game stretch in the tournament was one of the worst offensive performances in tournament history. No flow, no spacing, and jack up 3s at the end of the shot clock. Your defense was good enough to overcome it... but need an offensive threat to beat top end talent. Sneed was that guy in the tourney, but was not consistent at all this season.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
I'm not sure what circle of K-State fans you travel with but they don't represent any sort of majority. Team picked to finish between 8-10 ends up fourth. Then goes on to dance in the E8. And returns 100% of its scholarship roster - as good a place as any K-State team I can remember.

knowlesjam

Oct 21, 2012
Papillion, NE
I'm not sure what circle of K-State fans you travel with but they don't represent any sort of majority. Team picked to finish between 8-10 ends up fourth. Then goes on to dance in the E8. And returns 100% of its scholarship roster - as good a place as any K-State team I can remember.
Believe the main point Cycfan1 was trying to make was that returning everyone doesn't automatically make you better...heck, look at Iowa as they seem to be returning everyone...that certainly didn't improve them. Things happen that you can't control.

I do agree whole-heartedly with your assessment on K-State being in a great place...I'll echo many ISU fans that this was a darn good K-State team that we played this year...enjoy the ride and see where Weber can take you.

• Friendly
Reactions: surly

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola

Picked to finish 8-10 because most coaches know Weber is leading them; thats how little respect he gets. Reminds me a little of McDermott where he would have teams with talent, but the coaches would never give him any respect in voting. You'll get the respect next season after this season, now being able to match those expectations is something I question.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: randomfan44