K-State Blown Out by Loyola

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
bruce-weber.jpg

8bitnes

Nov 21, 2010
Much of what K-State talked about yesterday was how Kentucky players didn't shake hands. They played like a team today that wasn't focusing on WIN - what's important now.

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
Much of what K-State talked about yesterday was how Kentucky players didn't shake hands. They played like a team today that wasn't focusing on WIN - what's important now.
K-State doesn't have the ability to score in a hurry because their coach doesn't know how to teach it. They have not come back from 10 points down even once all season. As soon as the lead went over 9 points the game was over.

• Agree
Reactions: CyCloned

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land

I didn't want to take credit away from Loyola but the minute I saw that story developing I thought there's no way that can be good for KSU.

I don't think it was a fluke at all (it's a 9 vs 11 game and the 11 has been playing fantastic), but it's pretty obvious they didn't play their best game today for it to get so out of hand so fast.

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
So happy the Ramblers won. Never have been a fan of KSU (and my hate for them only increased after what went down during FB season). Actually KSU can be glad that Loyola made a LOT of bad passes & careless turnovers in the game or they may have lost by 30.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I swear if the annoying Kansas And Kansas State fans would stay off this board, I might want them to win.

I welcome any annoying KSU fans in the fight against KU. I've actually enjoyed KU fans coming to a Cyclone message board to cry like babies about KSU not sucking. It's pathetic, strangely entertaining, and delivered to us without effort like a free Domino's pizza.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
So happy the Ramblers won. Never have been a fan of KSU (and my hate for them only increased after what went down during FB season). Actually KSU can be glad that Loyola made a LOT of bad passes & careless turnovers in the game or they may have lost by 30.

I separate that Vampire theft from the rest of our history with KSU. That was so above and beyond ridiculous.

• Agree
Reactions: GTO

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
Kstate missed Wade big time in this one. They needed another dimension of scoring out there. There was a ton of standing around on offense for them. Iso play after iso play sprinkled with last second three pointers with nobody crashing the boards. I couldn't believe that was the same team I saw play us so well this year.

They also only played like a Kstste defensive team for about five minutes near the end of the game. Really lackadaisical and slow on close-outs.

Loyola played really good team ball tonight. They spread the court and used tgeir big man really really well. I hope they give Michigan everything they can handle, but I worry the clock may strike midnight. We'll see if the trend of teams overlooking the Ramblers continues.

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
Coolerifyoudid:
Loyola played really good team ball tonight. They spread the court and used tgeir big man really really well. I hope they give Michigan everything they can handle, but I worry the clock may strike midnight. We'll see if the trend of teams overlooking the Ramblers continues.[/QUOTE]

At some point we might have to admit that Loyola is a pretty darn good basketball team. They do a lot of fundamental things that other teams have forgot about or just don't take the time to do. They rotate extremely well on defense, block out for rebounds, get back on defense, and mostly understand how to use picks, and finish at the basket without getting shots blocked. Not the most athletic team in the tourney, but they might be the best coached.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: VeloClone

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Loyola played really good team ball tonight. They spread the court and used tgeir big man really really well. I hope they give Michigan everything they can handle, but I worry the clock may strike midnight. We'll see if the trend of teams overlooking the Ramblers continues.

At some point we might have to admit that Loyola is a pretty darn good basketball team. They do a lot of fundamental things that other teams have forgot about or just don't take the time to do. They rotate extremely well on defense, block out for rebounds, get back on defense, and mostly understand how to use picks, and finish at the basket without getting shots blocked. Not the most athletic team in the tourney, but they might be the best coached.[/QUOTE]

Why would people not be able or willing to admit that Loyola is a good (maybe even great) basketball team? Because they are a classic "mid-major" and by God, only Power 5 teams can be good basketball teams? I'm not taking you on directly, but that kind of mindset is just plain stupid. If people can't appreciate and respect Loyola at this point, then why even watch the Final Four?

• Agree
Reactions: 1UNI2ISU

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron