JW Walsh Beat Us While Injured

Clone5

Jun 3, 2008
Iowa
JW Walsh was injured for almost the entire game against us and will be out the rest of the season per WRNL.

Cychotiic

Nov 27, 2010
Ames
So other teams back up injured quaterbacks>>>>> our healthy quaterbacks..

I like our chances

SvrWxCy

Aug 6, 2010
Kansas
www.recruitlists.com
Likely a lower leg injury, but they never specified. But, goes to show what a little bit of pressure could have done. If I remember correctly a majority of the plays were just drop-backs, he rarely rolled out and that may have been in part to the injury.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Walsh had all day to throw yesterday - he rarely had to move out of the pocket. Imagine if we got some semblance of pressure on him - the injury my have been apparent.

Actually, imagine if Barnett and Jantz had that kind of time to throw the ball - perhaps we don't have a QB tragedy (certainly not a controversy) right now.

BBHMagic

Oct 15, 2009
Him being injured doesn't really say anything about us. He still played great. Its not like we got beat by a guy that wasn't able to execute. Some guys can just tough it out. Think Jake Knott last year.

MaccloNe

Sep 21, 2011
Our QBs are injuried too. Unfortunately, you can't fix injuries that are between the ears.

digZ

Sep 2, 2011
Colorado
Don't really understand why we didn't blitz more... Every time we got pressure on him he would just chuck it up.

Agree, they were killing the soft zone all day. CB's were playing 10 yards off the line of scrimmage. Then later in the game, we jump every route possible to go for a pick 6 and give up chunk yardage. We either went too conservative or too aggressive, nothing in between. Really didn't like our defensive gameplan.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron