JTS Improvements - Want More

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
Plus it looks like there should be a fair amount of flat grass on top that would be perfect for a game of catch.

I would guess that there will be a sidewalk inside of those columns. If you're walking north, go left of the columns to continue on the concourse around the Jacobson, go right to go down the ramp and exit.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
I drove by there this morning heading northbound. Pretty cool to see the arc/curve those panels make when you look at the top of them. Looks awesome so far.

Reactions: Brandon

Cyclonscin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 4, 2020
Savannah, GA
I understand that there will be a sidewalk up top adjacent to the wall. But if you zoom in you can see the retaining wall levels off for a while before it drops down to make way for the bridge. I would hope they wouldn't pave the entirety of the flat area up there.

Attachments

• Ex5JiF8W8AMILgr.jpg
    Ex5JiF8W8AMILgr.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 121

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
https://static.cyclones.com/custompages/SportsPerformanceCenter/spc.html

Scroll down to see the renderings showing the walkway in front of the Jacobson.

Or, check out Jamie's twitter.

EuX0ONgVgAQ69ER

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
(Just ignore the hanging lights.)

View attachment 83575
Just looking at that rendering, I'm guessing what they aren't showing are some gates east and west of the Jake. Otherwise, you'd be able to walk right down to the field. I would think that there would be some sliding gates there that are closed most of the time. The two ticket gates would be at the bottom of the ramps on the outside.

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
Are those curved retaining walls made of concrete? Or some other material?

Remo Gaggi

Aug 28, 2018
Should be a nice vantage spot to toss garbage down onto the Hok equipment semi.
After careful inspection of the photos it doesn’t appear as if there will be any way for an equipment truck to pull up next to the Jacobson building. The Hok equipment lackies will have to wheel their crap down to the locker room. That’s a shame.

Reactions: Cy4Lifer and JM4CY

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
After careful inspection of the photos it doesn’t appear as if there will be any way for an equipment truck to pull up next to the Jacobson building. The Hok equipment lackies will have to wheel their crap down to the locker room. That’s a shame.
Sounds good to me!

Remo Gaggi

Aug 28, 2018
For night games the hanging lights would be awesome, but they're annoying during daylight hours.
When I first saw those lights strung across the plaza, I immediately thought of what the hok fans would throw up there to hang on the wires. Like their shoes or underwear. But most of those inbreds don't wear underwear or shoes until later in the year when it gets colder. So, no wires across the plaza, please.

Reactions: Cloneon and JM4CY

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
I found this video from last year that includes renderings of stadiums then being built. Admittedly, most these are smaller stadiums (Las Vegas is the exception), but it looked like a couple included designed hillside seating at one spot or another

That said, all of them were also (even in the 35K range) completely bowled in with seats as well.