JTS Improvements - Want More

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Brandon

Feb 6, 2014
Tempering or heat treating is not the problem, it is set up and lead time for coating. You can get tempered units in a few days.
My brother is a Glazer and he told me when they have to order custom cut tempered glass it usually takes a couple weeks. I dunno \./

beentherebefore

Nov 24, 2007
My brother is a Glazer and he told me when they have to order custom cut tempered glass it usually takes a couple weeks. I dunno \./
They may have the glass by now, but maybe they are waiting for temps above 50 to do the install. Anyway, my guess is that having the equipment in the area that would be needed to install the glass panes would potentially get in the way of the other construction that may be more time sensitive.

Or it may be very special glass?

Reactions: GoldCy

cyfan92

Sep 20, 2011
Augusta National Golf Club
Just for context to people who haven't been by the project recently. I believe the start of the glass portion of the SPC is ABOVE the roof of the Jake

Last edited:

jdcyclone19

Apr 14, 2017
Iowa
Just for context to people who haven't been by the project recently. I believe the glass portion of the SPC is ABOVE the roof of the Jake

Way above, you can see a decent portion of the north side of the field from the top floor of the SPC.

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX
That is quite the retaining wall. They're going to have to bring in a LOT of dirt.

If you look at the live camera right now it actually shows the opposite side of the field including that same wall (symmetrical view). So you can see how much backfill it'll actually be. (It's basically all the dirt they hauled out to start the project)

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
If you look at the live camera right now it actually shows the opposite side of the field including that same wall (symmetrical view). So you can see how much backfill it'll actually be. (It's basically all the dirt they hauled out to start the project)

It's more than that. First off, the fill is going to be above ground level, because the old hillsides went right down to the sidewalk. It's going to end up being about halfway up that wall. Second, the north end of the hillsides will need to be filled because they will go right into the elevated walkway.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
The more I keep looking at this and now especially with the building gone, I’m thinking this is gonna look so much more bad ass then I even originally thought.

Cyclonscin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 4, 2020
Savannah, GA

My God, it's giant. I remember when I was a wee lad and saw that cool white spine going up that would become Bergstrom and thinking it was absolutely massive. Now it looks rather petite behind the SPC. I'm sure perspective plays a large role in that, but I'm also sure that the scale of this thing is lost in photos.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
My God, it's giant. I remember when I was a wee lad and saw that cool white spine going up that would become Bergstrom and thinking it was absolutely massive. Now it looks rather petite behind the SPC. I'm sure perspective plays a large role in that, but I'm also sure that the scale of this thing is lost in photos.
It is. When you see it in person, it’s an impressive structure to say the least.