JTS Improvements - Want More

ISUAgronomist

Nov 5, 2009
On the farm, IA
Just curious. Does anyone happen to have the square footage of the Performance Center and the Jacobsen Buildings? No idea where to look. I’m guessing bother were a step up from the Olson Building.

Iowa State planned to seek final approval to begin construction on a $90 million, 100,000-square-foot sports performance center.

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
I hope they wrap the columns holding up the scoreboard. I don't care the the steel cage look.

KennyPratt42

The Legend
Jan 13, 2017
I am curious, for anyone in the construction or commercial property field, what would be a ballpark range to aesthetically enclose the scoreboard supports. Lower end I'd think would be something that matched the look of the cardinal on the retaining wall or black on the upper part of the scoreboard and upper end would be the limestone colored panels on the performance center & north side walkway.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
When will they replace those pieces of plywood with glass? Its bugging me way more than it should.

They had them in earlier, but they cracked. The VB staff posted some pics from inside and there were a couple of panes with tape on them that were cracked. I would guess that they won't replace those pieces of plywood until the weather warms up and there's no more chance of settling.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
A CPA like Jamie tends to separate things into “revenue producing” and “non revenue producing”.

Everything you listed above is the latter. Expanding either capacity at JTS or luxury boxes/amenities is distinctly in that other category...and helps pay for your list.

Depends on if you are talking direct revenue or not. The SPC isn't revenue producing. But, if it helps with recruiting, that means better teams, more ticket sales, more donations. The Hilton renovations improve the fan experience and could also affect recruiting. That project could end up helping the bottom line. The projects that have very little chance of affecting revenue are facilities for Olympic sports...and a majority of those projects are already done. Really, only Wrestling and Swimming and Diving are the only programs without major facility upgrades in the last 10 years.

Obviously, the only real direct revenue producing upgrades are expanding/new venues (for revenue sports) and luxury areas.

GoldCy

Jul 11, 2016
They had them in earlier, but they cracked. The VB staff posted some pics from inside and there were a couple of panes with tape on them that were cracked. I would guess that they won't replace those pieces of plywood until the weather warms up and there's no more chance of settling.
It has nothing to do with settling. They will wait until they know what all their needs are for breakage and attic stock. Lots of little orders means lots of $$$

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
It has nothing to do with settling. They will wait until they know what all their needs are for breakage and attic stock. Lots of little orders means lots of $$$

Why did they break in the first place then? Obviously, they weren't planning on it happening.

Brandon

Feb 6, 2014
Yep, ordering tempered glass is not cheap or quick.

bozclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2011
Indiana
I know they are functional and it doesn't really matter when the stadium is full, but I wish they would replace all the old seating. It is very faded. It would be nice if it matched the brightness of our school colors.

thisISnextyear

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Ames
Is there something we are not supposed to see?? WHAT ARE THEY HIDING???
I wish they would move it down a little more. I can still see the standing parts of the Olsen Building that I thought should have been torn down earlier in the week based on the progress we saw. If I can't see it, I won't be so concerned with why they are still there...

cyfan92

Sep 20, 2011
Augusta National Golf Club
It really shows how elevated and "bowled" the hillsides will look/feel when you see this camera angle. The concrete sides are SIGNIFICANTLY higher than the walkway next to the Jake

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
If the guys from Oak Island were on here, it would be obvious that the treasure is in what is left of the Olsen Building.

• Winner
Reactions: TXCyclones

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX
The JackCammer needs to get this fixed. It does rotate back at the :53 mark for 10 seconds about every 5 - 10 minutes. And everything is gone except the mechanical room. JackCam.jpg
JackCammer.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: Aclone

Help Support Us

Become a patron