JTS Improvements - Want More

cysmiley

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 30, 2012
I did have one problem on Friday 10/1/76 when I had to go a Fort Dodge, IA emergency room at 10 pm. The next morning I asked the doctor if he would approve me going to the OU game in Ames. He said I could. That kept the consecutive games going.

I schedule everything around the football games. Last winter, I made my hotel reservations in Des Moines for the home games; I use rewards points for the hotel rooms at away games.
That's a lot of award points, do you travel a lot for work?

danwbarrett

Mar 29, 2006
University City, MO
That included the South endzone sections (not pictured) (permanent bleacher seats, which were approximately 12,000 I think, student sections were there, as was beer and whiskey, pretty easy to get in, not much security in end zone seats......"All the way to Lincolnway. LOL
Student seating was never in the south end zone at CWF. That seating started at the 50 yard line and continued north on the east side.

• Informative
Reactions: NWICY

cysmiley

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 30, 2012
Student seating was never in the south end zone at CWF. That seating started at the 50 yard line and continued north on the east side.
Hmmm..Thats where I sat in 1966, before I went into the army. Had a student athletic football pass, sat with buddies, and drank our beers that we snuck in. Many groups were there, frats, dorm floors, sororities etc. Maybe we were sitting not where we were supposed to, but it was fun. The East side was also visitor seating, I think.

Reactions: GoldCy

danwbarrett

Mar 29, 2006
University City, MO
Hmmm..Thats where I sat in 1966, before I went into the army. Had a student athletic football pass, sat with buddies, and drank our beers that we snuck in. Many groups were there, frats, dorm floors, sororities etc. Maybe we were sitting not where we were supposed to, but it was fun. The East side was also visitor seating, I think.
1966 was when the south stadium was added to CWF. From 1970-1973, student seating was on the east side.

• Informative
Reactions: Aclone

cysmiley

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 30, 2012
1966 was when the south stadium was added to CWF. From 1970-1973, student seating was on the east side.
Yeah it was brand new, then after 1967, I was being paid by the USA, didn't require my student activity pass. They probably moved students, maybe they complained about end zone seats or else maybe it got a little wild in the end zone; don't know.

danwbarrett

Mar 29, 2006
University City, MO
I played on the ISU Soccer team. That, technically, was our home field. But the condition was so bad at times that we went to the intramural fields.
In the 1970’s, the athletic department was so proud of the grass field that if it rained on game day, the marching band was not allowed on the field because our street shoes would damage the grass. We had to stand on the sidelines and play.

• Informative
Reactions: NWICY

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
In the 1970’s, the athletic department was so proud of the grass field that if it rained on game day, the marching band was not allowed on the field because our street shoes would damage the grass. We had to stand on the sidelines and play.
Did they actually have track meets and run on the track under the stands?

cysmiley

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 30, 2012
That is so crazy. Would be such a unique thing to see and compete on.
Never went to a track meet, but to get to seats in the endzone, think I remember walking on the track. They had to close it for meets, people would kick stuff down on the track during football games! It wasn't closed like the Sukup, but openings in the planks (maybe in the Verticles) if I remember correctly.

Reactions: 2speedy1

BuschLight

Jul 24, 2022
I did have one problem on Friday 10/1/76 when I had to go a Fort Dodge, IA emergency room at 10 pm. The next morning I asked the doctor if he would approve me going to the OU game in Ames. He said I could. That kept the consecutive games going.

I schedule everything around the football games. Last winter, I made my hotel reservations in Des Moines for the home games; I use rewards points for the hotel rooms at away games.
What's the worse game you've ever seen? I would think the 71-7 loss to Baylor in 2013 has to be up there.

Reactions: isutrevman

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron