Jamie's level of concern pertaining to Iowa

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
Steve's going to have two down years in his 5 years at Iowa State, while still accomplishing more and putting more of his players into the NBA than a coach that has been somewhere twice as long as him.

Take out Steve's first two years with Iowa State, and he has still put more guys into the NBA and is going to put in a lottery pick this year.

And he has only coached 3 years without Fred's players and 2 of them are down years. I mean you can make excuses for him as long as you want, I'm hoping he stays a long time at ISU.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
And he has only coached 3 years without Fred's players and 2 of them are down years. I mean you can make excuses for him as long as you want, I'm hoping he stays a long time at ISU.
I'm actually not making any excuses lol. I'm bringing up facts in which you have nothing else to say other than bring up that Steve hasn't accomplished anything on his own.

HawkJRP

Dec 27, 2019
Steve's going to have two down years in his 5 years at Iowa State, while still accomplishing more and putting more of his players into the NBA than a coach that has been somewhere twice as long as him.

Take out Steve's first two years with Iowa State, and he has still put more guys into the NBA and is going to put in a lottery pick this year.

And how many NCAA wins will that lottery pick have at ISU?

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
And how many NCAA wins will that lottery pick have at ISU?
Just as many as Markell Fultz and Ben Simmons had lol. If you don't think having a lottery pick is important for the program than I don't know what to tell you.

Also he'll have just as many appearances and wins in the NCAA tournament as Fran did his first 3 years.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Reactions: NWICY

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
I'm actually not making any excuses lol. I'm bringing up facts in which you have nothing else to say other than bring up that Steve hasn't accomplished anything on his own.

Prohm did great when he was left Fred's team, but lets be honest, you and I could have gotten the same results coaching those two year as Steve did.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Prohm did great when he was left Fred's team, but lets be honest, you and I could have gotten the same results coaching those two year as Steve did.
I've mentioned this many many times, but Steve had to re-recruit just about everyone once he came to Iowa State because a lot of the guys were worried about the departure of Fred. Some guys were thinking of transferring or going to the league but decided to stay not only for the next year but for the year after as well. They liked Steve a lot. They still talk great about him too.

Steve walked into a great situation there is no doubt about that. But he also did a nice job that second year in bringing in guys that helped compliment the current players. He's also done a great job with recruiting since Fred left however the early departure of some of them has put him into a tough scenario this season. He has struggled to recruit on the fly and because of that and the early departures we're having another down year.

HawkJRP

Dec 27, 2019
Just as many as Markell Fultz and Ben Simmons had lol. If you don't think having a lottery pick is important for the program than I don't know what to tell you.

Also he'll have just as many appearances and wins in the NCAA tournament as Fran did his first 3 years.

So your argument is Prohm had as many NCAA wins in 2 years with loads of NBA talent including a lottery pick as Fran did the first 3 years after inheriting a dumpster fire?

I thought you were trying to defend Prohm at first but now it looks like you are turning on him.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
So your argument is Prohm had as many NCAA wins in 2 years with loads of NBA talent including a lottery pick as Fran did the first 3 years after inheriting a dumpster fire?

I thought you were trying to defend Prohm at first but now it looks like you are turning on him.
Well that's not what I said at all and wouldn't be true. In Prohm's first 2 years he had 3 NCAA Tournament wins while Fran had zero. Obviously the situations were different and I'm not comparing those two things. '

I was merely making a comment about Tyrese, saying he's been on a roster for two years, one of them where 5 guys on the team prior to that left to play professionally somewhere. Even in that time, Tyrese has brought more hardware to the table than Fran has had at Iowa.

HawkJRP

Dec 27, 2019
Don't know, don't care. Just saying that game happened, despite your attempts to obfuscate.

I will give you a hint, it was 0-0 after the exhibition game.

Nobody is saying the exhibition didnt happen because it did. It didnt count against their record though and had no bearing on their season.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Yes it is:
I wasn't arguing Prohm's first 2 seasons vs. Fran's first 3 seasons lol.

I was talking about Tyrese's two years he's played at Iowa State compared to Fran's first 3 seasons as the coach.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying

Nobody is saying the exhibition didnt happen because it did. It didnt count against their record though and had no bearing on their season.
That had no bearing on the season? If we look up quotes from Fran or players do you think that is the same tone?
You can be honest with the answer.

HawkJRP

Dec 27, 2019
I wasn't arguing Prohm's first 2 seasons vs. Fran's first 3 seasons lol.

I was talking about Tyrese's two years he's played at Iowa State compared to Fran's first 3 seasons as the coach.

I know. You argued 2 seasons where ISU had loads of pro talent (this season and last) including a future lottery pick got as many NCAA tourney wins as Fran did his first 3 seasons when he took over a terrible program.

HawkJRP

Dec 27, 2019
That had no bearing on the season? If we look up quotes from Fran or players do you think that is the same tone?
You can be honest with the answer.

I found this:

https://www.cbssports.com/college-b...xhibition-game-to-augustana-on-buzzer-beater/

"It's worth remembering that this kind of stuff happens in the preseason when teams are working on stuff and coaches are working out their rotations. An example of this all working out in the end comes from UAB, who last year lost to UNC-Pembroke before going on to win the Conference USA Tournament and get to the NCAA Tournament's Round of 32."

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I know. You argued 2 seasons where ISU had loads of pro talent (this season and last) including a future lottery pick got as many NCAA tourney wins as Fran did his first 3 seasons when he took over a terrible program.
Ah I see where you're coming from. I think it was disappointing we lost last year, but it's understandable why this season happened when you think of what we lost last year. Prohm has to do a better job of weathering the storm when guys leave early, especially if that's going to be a common theme. If he can't do that then maybe this isn't the place for him, but I believe with the class that's coming in and what we're bringing back, we're going to be a solid team again next year.

If we're not and things head south next year again, we could be relieving his duties.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops

So you can pretend they never lost to Augustana. Good for you.
Also, that's a load of bullcrap. They lost to Augustana.
"I will give you a hint" - teams are supposed to WIN exhibition games against cupcakes.

• Winner
Reactions: VeloClone

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron