Jamie Pollard on KXNO today

cysmiley

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 30, 2012
I mean this sincerely there are like 60 games between basketball and hockey that are played there every year, It can't be a whole lot different than Hilton when it comes to that schedule flexibility.
Maybe, but WF can flip the arena overnight and probably has no requirement for a shoot around for their professional teams, so those 60 dates stay at 60. After flipping, they probably have staff still fresh to do an 8 am concert load in. I doubt if Hilton has the staff capability to pull that fast turnaround and still be able to meet the staff requirements for a concert, thus Hilton would require more schedule time to make an event happen, like maybe 2-3 days, cutting into schedule flexibility. Global Spectrum obviously has some schedule influence as they make their pro teams take extended road trips at HS tournament time, that would not work with BIG12 scheduling.

Also Global Spectrum can commit to a tour, and if they cannot clear the date; they can move the act to one of their other venues, an option Hilton does not have, unless they are dealing with a promoter that has other venues that he can call, but I doubt if Hilton has that option.

There are other variables, but WF is not maintaining its success on seating capacity, in fact; I am pretty sure they can cut seating capacity with curtaining of the arena, as they do for many shows.

Reactions: CapnCy

AlaCyclone

Jun 14, 2007
The greatest art I've ever witnessed is the Purdy to Lazard 4th quarter touchdown pass in Norman, Oklahoma, to absolutely stun the silent stadium.

I let out a blood curdling scream and my family laughed at me as 80,000+ Sooner fans turned to see who the lunatic was way up in the cheap seats.
I was in Athens, OH that day watching CMU Chippewas @ Ohio Bobcats following the ISU @ OU score on my phone. I heard your scream!

Mr.G.Spot

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2020
Maybe, but WF can flip the arena overnight and probably has no requirement for a shoot around for their professional teams, so those 60 dates stay at 60. After flipping, they probably have staff still fresh to do an 8 am concert load in. I doubt if Hilton has the staff capability to pull that fast turnaround and still be able to meet the staff requirements for a concert, thus Hilton would require more schedule time to make an event happen, like maybe 2-3 days, cutting into schedule flexibility. Global Spectrum obviously has some schedule influence as they make their pro teams take extended road trips at HS tournament time, that would not work with BIG12 scheduling.

Also Global Spectrum can commit to a tour, and if they cannot clear the date; they can move the act to one of their other venues, an option Hilton does not have, unless they are dealing with a promoter that has other venues that he can call, but I doubt if Hilton has that option.

There are other variables, but WF is not maintaining its success on seating capacity, in fact; I am pretty sure they can cut seating capacity with curtaining of the arena, as they do for many shows.
Just as Hilton does for wrestling. Common for larger venues to do such.

Mr.G.Spot

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2020
What kind of funding will it take to tear it down and build a new performing arts center? Or is that sort of thing not needed in your opinion?
Correct. Tear it down and build something new. Haha. The new Hancher in Iowa city, which was originally built in a flood plain and destroyed, cost $125 million, iirc.

If some opinions on here meant something, then please write a check to start fundraising for the new CY. Unless u write a check for a new building, your opinion has less weight then the people writing a check to renovate.

Get involved instead spouting opinions that don't involve a donation, even if it is $10.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Art is subjective, and there are people that hate the look of art that is nearly unanimously hailed by art historians and artists as some of the greatest in history. Liking something isn't the same as that thing being of high quality.

So we agree.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
What kind of funding will it take to tear it down and build a new performing arts center? Or is that sort of thing not needed in your opinion?

I have no idea.

I would assume it's much more than the 25 million in differed maintenance, so I want them to focus on refurbishing CY.

Ultimately Athletics has the chance to do some great things with the ISC. Their mission is still to provide student athletes with the best possible situation. If they expand that mission and do for the ISC something that wasn't being done by the university overall, well that's a good thing.

besserheimerphat

Apr 11, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA
New standard is set for the Hilton renovations:

The Sphere's interior will be equipped with a 16K resolution wraparound LED screen, measuring 160,000 sq ft (15,000 m2).[64][61] It will be the largest and highest-resolution LED screen in the world.[45] The exterior of the venue will feature 580,000 sq ft (54,000 m2) of programmable lighting,[10][65] which can be modified based on holidays, for example to depict the sphere as a Halloween pumpkin or a Christmas snow globe.[4] The sphere will feature 164,000 speakers,[66][67] and the sound system will deliver sound through the floorboards.[65] 4D features, including scent and wind, will also be used.[4]

Nor'easter

Sep 25, 2016
Bet he complains about us (me) complaining about McFarland clinic being the anchor tenant lol. No matter what good it bad he usually says something interesting/entertaining on these radio appearances...

Help Support Us

Become a patron