jameel mckay leaving marquette

TurbulentEddie

Nov 16, 2012
Madison, WI
I'm so sick of the Bubu talk, but I don't think anyone knows is exactly when the appeal to Leath was made, what the timetable for when he's supposed to review such appeals is, and everything else relating to the timeline other than when he made his ruling. Saying that Leath negligently delayed the ruling (or worse, delayed it on purpose) is complete conjecture. I seriously, seriously doubt that he's out to destroy the basketball team.

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
Our court process is pretty slow, and they beat out our presidents ruling. Oh wait it didn't even finish in court, because he was falsely accused and it was dropped.

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
Our court process is pretty slow, and they beat out our presidents ruling. Oh wait it didn't even finish in court, because he was falsely accused and it was dropped.

The only reason why it was brought to Leath's desk was because of an appeal. Good grief, unless you can prove Leath ignored it for months, then just shut up already.

deanvogs

Oct 25, 2009
The only reason why it was brought to Leath's desk was because of an appeal. Good grief, unless you can prove Leath ignored it for months, then just shut up already.

This is just it. I'm not sure why people think that Leath's job should revolve around the Basketball team? Didn't we just see what happens when people in charge only think about protecting the all mighty sports team at Penn St.? Leath should consider Fred and ISU basketball and how it would impact them for exactly ZERO seconds when this came to his desk.

Reactions: CyDude16

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
I'm stunned that this thread no longer has anything to do with Jameel other than a number.

UraMallas

Jan 9, 2013
This is just it. I'm not sure why people think that Leath's job should revolve around the Basketball team? Didn't we just see what happens when people in charge only think about protecting the all mighty sports team at Penn St.? Leath should consider Fred and ISU basketball and how it would impact them for exactly ZERO seconds when this came to his desk.
Agreed. I want no part of a cult of personality.

deadeyededric

Dec 12, 2009
Parts Unknown
Even if you put him on scholarship next year won't we be at 12 with the Custer addition? Doesn't leave any room for Vaughn which is becoming a real possibility. Someone will probably be leaving.

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton
Even if you put him on scholarship next year won't we be at 12 with the Custer addition? Doesn't leave any room for Vaughn which is becoming a real possibility. Someone will probably be leaving.

We get 13, still would have one left, probably lose someone, so probably have two left with McKay.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa

Something about McKay leaving before the season even started is fishy to me. Did the Marquette coaching staff lie to McKay about their plans for using him when they were recruiting him? Did McKay not thoroughly look at Marquette's roster and realize they have a pretty deep front court this year? It could be that or something else, obviously. It sucks his opinion on a school could change so quickly before the season even started. It's too bad he made the wrong decision when he chose Marquette. I hope he doesn't make the same decision this time around.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
I think everyone is looking into Mckay way to much. He got there. Didn't like the situation or the position he was playing. Decided to move on. I get it. Maybe Buzz told him he would play im somewhere else.

Goldfinger

Nov 5, 2009
Something about McKay leaving before the season even started is fishy to me. Did the Marquette coaching staff lie to McKay about their plans for using him when they were recruiting him? Did McKay not thoroughly look at Marquette's roster and realize they have a pretty deep front court this year? It could be that or something else, obviously. It sucks his opinion on a school could change so quickly before the season even started. It's too bad he made the wrong decision when he chose Marquette. I hope he doesn't make the same decision this time around.

Frankly he picked the wrong system to play in and was just starting to realize it. marquette has great teams, but they play a grind it out pack it in the paint style. There was some talk of Buzz wanting to redshirt him even, but he was being asked to play more in the post area. Fred would use him as a stretch 4, he would maybe have to guard some posts, but on offense you see how we use our bigs. If he wants to play more three, he'd have to improve his handles

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
I think everyone is looking into Mckay way to much. He got there. Didn't like the situation or the position he was playing. Decided to move on. I get it. Maybe Buzz told him he would play im somewhere else.
Heard it was more center than forward and that was not his cup of tea.

Cyclones01

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 23, 2008
Urbandale
That's why he'd be a perfect fit in Fred's offense, because we really don't have a traditional "center" position.

cyclo120

Apr 11, 2006
Hoiberg flew to Milwaukee to visit McKay today.

Fred Hoiberg@ISUMayor327m
Heading home after a great recruiting day and Mike McCoy is on my flight...can't wait to see him in the Masters next year!

I just saw this tweet as well and was wondering if anyone had any insight on where he might of been. Are you just guessing here or do you really know something?

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I just saw this tweet as well and was wondering if anyone had any insight on where he might of been. Are you just guessing here or do you really know something?

Trey Scott@All_Cyclones8m
Fred Hoiberg visited with Jameel McKay at Indian Hills today, ISU gauging McKay's interest - OV would be 11/17 ($) http://iowastate.scout.com/2/1339556.html

Trey Scott@All_Cyclones3m
OK, see that people have tweeted pics of Jameel McKay in Milwaukee. They met today, for certain. Earlier plan was Indian Hills