Jamaal Tinsley paid $250,000 in fines for not showering after practices and games

alexssdean12

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 23, 2018
https://www.basketballnetwork.net/o...s-for-not-showering-after-practices-and-games

"Tinsley wouldn't shower after practices or games. We easily enter or exit the shower, and he would be dressed already exiting the locker room. Once, twice, three times... And Reggie Miller says to the team manager: 'Bring the team rule book, we have to add one change that every player must shower after every training session, especially after every game, otherwise he will be punished.' The first fine was $500, and it would be doubled every other time he didn't take a shower."

"Guess how much Jamal Tinsley paid in fines for not showering? He paid $250,000 in fines because he did not want to shower after practices. It's like he's taking a shower at home; he doesn't want to be naked among everyone... We counted at the end, and he paid $250,000 worth of fines for not showering; in the end, a scandal broke out, and he had to speak with his agent, and his girlfriend."

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
https://www.basketballnetwork.net/o...s-for-not-showering-after-practices-and-games

"Tinsley wouldn't shower after practices or games. We easily enter or exit the shower, and he would be dressed already exiting the locker room. Once, twice, three times... And Reggie Miller says to the team manager: 'Bring the team rule book, we have to add one change that every player must shower after every training session, especially after every game, otherwise he will be punished.' The first fine was $500, and it would be doubled every other time he didn't take a shower."

"Guess how much Jamal Tinsley paid in fines for not showering? He paid $250,000 in fines because he did not want to shower after practices. It's like he's taking a shower at home; he doesn't want to be naked among everyone... We counted at the end, and he paid $250,000 worth of fines for not showering; in the end, a scandal broke out, and he had to speak with his agent, and his girlfriend."
I also don't like public showers, but probably wouldn't pay $250,000 to avoid it.

It's weird that NBA and NFL franchises still make everyone shower together rather than have individual stalls that they could easily afford.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque

Reggie Miller sounds like an entitled ass hole. Who is he to make up team rules?

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
I am unsurprised by Reggie being a ****.

I mean, it's kind of weird to want to get dressed while still gross and sweaty. I don't get that. But to each their own.

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
I also don't like public showers, but probably wouldn't pay $250,000 to avoid it.

It's weird that NBA and NFL franchises still make everyone shower together rather than have individual stalls that they could easily afford.

That's nuts. Even the dorms now don't have group showers. The NBA could afford to hire people come in and bathe you after games, like Coming to America.

• Funny
Reactions: aauummm

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
I am unsurprised by Reggie being a ****.

I mean, it's kind of weird to want to get dressed while still gross and sweaty. I don't get that. But to each their own.
Yeah, I mean Jamaal might be weird, or was simply involved in some affair as the op alluded to, but at least he's not making a big deal about nothing like Reggie did, and making up petty rules to take money away from teammates. So petty to charge that much for not showering too, I hope Jamaal refused to pay a dime of that.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN

That may have been the case back then but I know Target Center had to have individual shower stalls in the Timberwolves locker room when they renovated several years ago by NBA rule. There may still be some facilities that are grandfathered in without individual stalls. I don't know how long that rule has existed.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
You would think it would matter how he comes to practice and games, not how he leaves.

Wonder how that worked on the road though when they may have to get onto a plane an hour after its over? Maybe that's where it came from and pissed off Miller and the teammates?

• Informative
Reactions: khardbored

Gorm

With any luck we will be there by Tuesday.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 6, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
The NBA is obsessed enough with having everyone shower together that if you disobey you'll be fined? Wowza.

FallOf81

Oct 24, 2017
Many, many years ago I was surprised to learn that showering after practice or games at the high school level had stopped. I'll date myself but in junior high, in the 70s, showering after PE the first time was a right of passage so to speak. Let alone sports practice and games Everyone undress and get in there. Yep, everyone had a penis. After shower 1 it was like that's the norm. Move on. After football practice it was time to talk BS and laugh. Talk about what's going on in school. Girls. You know.
I don't know when or why that got washed down the drain in Iowa?

KnappShack

May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
That's nuts. Even the dorms now don't have group showers. The NBA could afford to hire people come in and bathe you after games, like Coming to America.

We only had gang showers at the first dorm I lived in. Nothing like meeting the dudes on your floor with your **** swinging in the breeze.

The showers weren't even spread out. Ass to ass in there.

Between that and piss troughs....

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
We only had gang showers at the first dorm I lived in. Nothing like meeting the dudes on your floor with your **** swinging in the breeze.

The showers weren't even spread out. Ass to ass in there.

Between that and piss troughs....
Your **** is impacted by the wind?? Speak for yourself, some of us are hung like a horse……. fly.