Jake Sullivan's BB facility moved to where?

majorcyfan

Feb 18, 2007
Drove by Wilson Toyota- Cadillac tonight and saw Jakes old building for BB facility is now a new service center for Wilson's.

What happened to Jake and his BB facility, and where did he move if he is still in business?

Dolokaju

Jun 8, 2006
Drove by Wilson Toyota- Cadillac tonight and saw Jakes old building for BB facility is now a new service center for Wilson's.

What happened to Jake and his BB facility, and where did he move if he is still in business?
moving to somewhere in North Carolina? I know...a cheap shot. I couldn't resist.

I think its a good move. The Des Moines area has been putting more kids into the system recently.

Bigguns

Sep 22, 2008
It is now called "Kingdom Hoops" or something close to that. Just south of the Ford dealership in Ankeny.

Final42b

Jan 4, 2009
Ames
I'm pretty sure they are building a new gym right by our new practice facility.

CYKOFAN

Mar 27, 2006
Their site says they are building a place south of Ankeny just south of Dewey Ford, but the only building I saw there was a big empty warehouse that used to be an insulation company I think. Maybe their place is going up in Ames like Final42b said.

4429 mcc

Aug 29, 2007
Wall Street
Looks similar to the Orange planet in P-hill, with probably more of a focus on AAU teams. Hopefully he can provide a better rate for league games.

CloneAggie

Oct 21, 2006
Jesus and AAU

an interesting mix.
Goes a little something like this...
jesus_basketball.jpg

wonkadog

Apr 17, 2006
Ames, IA
Their site says they are building a place south of Ankeny just south of Dewey Ford, but the only building I saw there was a big empty warehouse that used to be an insulation company I think. Maybe their place is going up in Ames like Final42b said.

That building in Ankeny IS the new gym. It looks like an old warehouse on the outside and still has all the trailer docking doors on it as well.

bfross

Apr 10, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
An all Cyclone member board: Jake's wife is the vice president and then two basketball players and a football player (Miller) as members. Nicol lived on my floor as a sophomore; good guy and always willing to play some hoops when he wasn't at practice.

ISU4ME

Aug 26, 2007
That building in Ankeny IS the new gym. It looks like an old warehouse on the outside and still has all the trailer docking doors on it as well.

Pretty nice facility on the inside with a lot more room than the old location. There are currently 3 full length floors in the new location with an opportunity to expand since they are only using half of the warehouse space right now.

bmuff

Apr 7, 2006
Pretty nice facility on the inside with a lot more room than the old location. There are currently 3 full length floors in the new location with an opportunity to expand since they are only using half of the warehouse space right now.

Damn, that must be a big building. Going to be a lot more space than our new facility. I think that we'll have one full size court for the men and one for the women. Of course, there are a couple of smaller half courts for both.