Jake Sullivan working damage control

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
You do realize both are quite common amongst teenagers correct? Hell, even adults are getting into texting now, and a growing number of adults are going to Skype...

You young whipper snappers and your new gadgets.

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
Wow, for owning a business, he doesn't' write a letter like it. Keep Harrison's name out of it Jake, be the bigger person. Sounds like he's begrudgeful.

I respect Jake Sullivan a lot, and unlike many of his critics here, actually know the man. But injecting HB's name in this is not professional.
Jake isn't a glad-hander and chatty-Kathy with parents, and lots of them (along with their spoiled kids) get bent out of shape. They should just focus on the progress of the son or daughter as a barometer if their money is well spent...
The Jok family is exhibit A of this problem...

azn4cy

Dec 27, 2008
DSM
You do realize both are quite common amongst teenagers correct? Hell, even adults are getting into texting now, and a growing number of adults are going to Skype...
Quiet you. I prefer telegrams and letters myself.

ThatllDoCy

Sep 20, 2009
Minneapolis, MN
www.katchllc.com
Harrison gave Skype a bad name. It's free and fun way to talk to family. And Texting is new? C'mon.

Anyway, I am sure Jake is trying to do the right thing, but when running a business you have to have a relationship with the people who pay you. i.e. the Parents. Or get someone who wants to spend the time interacting. Just my uninformed 2 cents.

dosry5

Nov 28, 2006
Johnston
Quiet you. I prefer telegrams and letters myself.

I use this....

cup_phone.jpg

Reactions: CyCrazy

BCforISU

Feb 17, 2008
Madison, WI
It will be interesting to see how Freddy relates to Jake. Does Jake realize he isn't a college coach and doesn't have to treat everyone like crap to get them prepared? Yes, being tough is a good way to teach them.

I put it like this, my first boss was the biggest Jerk you could have, seriously-threw a 50lb box of frozen chickens at me when I wasn't looking a couple weeks into the job. I learned to make decisions and cover my butt because of him. Every job has been a breeze since then.

But, you don't see me going back to visit that boss, or thank him for anything, just know he is a complete ***** and was glad the day I graduated high school and could get a new job.

Jake acts like the more tough love he gives, the more the kids will thank him in the end, I say get over yourself....

Reactions: VeloClone

A-town Cy

Aug 4, 2006
Huxley
Didn't Harrison leave Kingdom Hoops long before anyone knew he would be playing for Williams at UNC?

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
Harrison gave Skype a bad name. It's free and fun way to talk to family. And Texting is new? C'mon.

Anyway, I am sure Jake is trying to do the right thing, but when running a business you have to have a relationship with the people who pay you. i.e. the Parents. Or get someone who wants to spend the time interacting. Just my uninformed 2 cents.

Sounds like he and Mac should have gotten along well contrary to popular sentiment.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
injecting HB's name in this is not professional.
Jake isn't a glad-hander and chatty-Kathy with parents, and lots of them (along with their spoiled kids) get bent out of shape. They should just focus on the progress of the son or daughter as a barometer if their money is well spent...
You need to check what you wrote and make sure it's what you meant beings I agree with you.

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008
I am pretty sure that you can help kids develop their skills and give them a chance to play at the next level without being a huge a-hole. Obviously Jake hasn't figured that one out.

The deal about the text message with HB..... Are you kidding me Jake? HB quit your team after being with you for how many years over a text message? You must really think people are stupid. WOW!!!!! :confused:

josh777

Apr 13, 2006
Although there are many things he shouldn't have included in that letter, one of the things that gets under my skin is the "hand of God" reference. Drives me crazy when people state such things. As if any god is watching over a particular organization to see them through the tough times.

That said, I don't mind the school of hard knocks as a coaching method but if I had kids ready for AAU I would stay clear of this guy. Egos, lack of charisma, etc. can come with any coach but for them to put it in writing and verify it...why bother with them when there are other choices.