SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Good question. Hadn't seen anything on the schedule as of yet

Cybirdy

Sep 10, 2009
Ames
They have always been mid-May and I haven't seen anything about it this year. Usually they send out a survey to pick a movie, then advertise for a month or so ahead. Someone said on FB that there is no movie night this year but no reason was given.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
I wonder if they are struggling to get the field ready.

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Earlier this month someone asked about that on the Ames People Facebook page. One answer was "There will be no Movie Night this year." There was no reply to the followup question asking why.
I couldn't find anything on the Cyclones.com website. Imagine that.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
I wonder if it is related to finishing up the work they have been doing on south entrance?

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
I wonder if it is related to finishing up the work they have been doing on south entrance?

Looks like the construction at the south entrance is not really at the entrance (which is wide open), but in the space taken from the parking lots for the Reiman Gardens park.

• Agree
Reactions: carvers4math

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
Do the kids have to be in the Jr. Cyclone club to attend?

Not at all. Anyone could walk in the last few years.

I really hope they can make it work this year. It has always been fun. The only year I have missed has been Frozen a few years ago. My boys had no interest in that one.

Cybirdy

Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Not at all. Anyone could walk in the last few years.

I really hope they can make it work this year. It has always been fun. The only year I have missed has been Frozen a few years ago. My boys had no interest in that one.

Frozen was one of the best ones (if you were a Frozen fan). :) Our daughter was obsessed at the time and had just had her birthday where she got all sorts of Frozen themed gifts. She went in costume carrying a doll and sang along to all the songs. It was just fun to look around and see so many other kids doing the same thing.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
Frozen was one of the best ones (if you were a Frozen fan). :) Our daughter was obsessed at the time and had just had her birthday where she got all sorts of Frozen themed gifts. She went in costume carrying a doll and sang along to all the songs. It was just fun to look around and see so many other kids doing the same thing.

I'm sure it was great for all the little Princesses out there. My boys just wanted to "let it go".

ScottyP

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 24, 2007
Urbandale, IA
I emailed the athletic department about the movie night. They said there won't be one this year. Still not sure the reason for cancelling.

• Informative
Reactions: St810s