***ISU vs OU***

BenEClone

Mar 21, 2006
Lincoln, Ne
The Iowa State women's basketball team (10-5, 1-3 Big 12) hosts No. 22 Oklahoma (12-4, 3-1 Big 12) on Wednesday, Jan. 11 at 7 p.m. Iowa State is looking for its first win over a ranked opponent since Dec. 11, 2015, when it topped No. 23 Iowa, 69-66, in Hilton Coliseum.

Who: Iowa State vs. No. 22 Oklahoma
Where: Hilton Coliseum - Ames, Iowa
When: Wednesday, Jan. 11 at 7 p.m.
Projected Starting Lineup: Seanna Johnson , Jadda Buckley , Meredith Burkhall, Bridget Carleton and TeeTee Starks
Radio: Cyclone Radio Network/Learfield
Talent: Rich Fellingham (PxP); Molly Parrott (color)
TV: Cyclones.tv

Same starting lineup for the Cyclones - expecting Bowe to start, but she's seems to be very reliable double digit scoring off the bench. It's too early for "must win" games, but this one would help toward a top half finish-.500 in conference.

Tired of hearing about Shaya Kellogg and Maddie Manning. Kellogg, who is a native of Ames, Iowa, has played in 57 games as a Sooner and appeared in six games this season. A native of nearby Ankeny, Iowa, Manning ranks second on the team in scoring with 12.6 points per game. She currently leads the Big 12 in steals per game (2.6) and is 10th in the conference in minutes played (31.3). Fortunately, they are seniors as is Peyton Little - 13.6 ppg. Pierre-Louis 6'4" Jr averages about 8 boards and 9.3 ppg.

Go State!!

CRAZYGREG

Feb 29, 2008
Des Moines
Going to be a tough one tonight. I do think that we can get them at Hilton though. I would really like to seem Em or Ad get the start though.

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Anyone have an extra ticket in the lower level? My FIL is driving down from north central Iowa for his annual "Iowa State girls game" and I'd rather he not need to be outside looking for a ticket very long in this wind and cold. Yes, he will look for one outside, not go to the ticket office and buy one.

And, never mind. Got here and he was already inside.

Last edited:

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
Not to sound like a nit, but in the title to the tread is it tradition to list the hosting school last? I was sure we were at home and thought (surprised at first) I had confused the men's and women's playing site due to title.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
To answer Molly's pregame question. No, the tall gal for the Sooners does not run the court well.

and TT grabbed bench at 30 seconds into the game.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Pretty good game. Burkhall had a very good 1st half and we played good defense. Burkhall not looking passive at all.

And it's good to have Molly doing the color. Like the insights she can bring to the broadcast.

• Winner
Reactions: riceville98

geewago

Jan 1, 2013
Waco,tx
2 point lead at half. Are we in for another 4th qtr collapse? Ya'll will hear me scream all the way from TX is such occurs.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
2 point lead at half. Are we in for another 4th qtr collapse? Ya'll will hear me scream all the way from TX is such occurs.

Hey, Baylor, have you seen the Sooners this year? This Nancy Mulkey our announcers keep talking about bears little resemblance to the awkward gal I saw on the court briefly in the first half.

geewago

Jan 1, 2013
Waco,tx
Hey, Baylor, have you seen the Sooners this year? This Nancy Mulkey our announcers keep talking about bears little resemblance to the awkward gal I saw on the court briefly in the first half.
She's very sporadic. Kinda raw and awkward most of the time. But I believe she will eventually develop fairly well.

• Agree
Reactions: CycloneRulzzz

geewago

Jan 1, 2013
Waco,tx
Well WV just went down at Tech. That Recee Caldwell is something else. Can almost carry a team by herself. Committed to BU. Backed out, went to Pac 12. Left and came to Tech. Candy was smart to hire her father or she'd already be disgruntled there .LOL.

• Informative
Reactions: NWICY

runbikeswim

Oct 23, 2014
This team is just not that good, and BF IMO is focusing on players negatively that are having a positive impact. He has been riding Mere and Em who were playing good games, while Bridget is just a mess out there, Seanna slopping, TT doesn't score, and NO ONE can take anyone to the basket. OU just showed how slow ISU's foot speed overall is. With four players that can all handle the ball, I cannot for the life of me understand why we can get decent dribble penetration.

NenoFone

Feb 12, 2013
WDM
Not even mad, just hope my health lasts until we can get a new coach and I can keep coming to the games.

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
Classic Bill on the post-game presser - says "we have to coach better" and then proceeds to rip his players. Then he snarls at and stares down a reporter who dares to ask him if he had prepared for OU's changing defenses...

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Classic Bill on the post-game presser - says "we have to coach better" and then proceeds to rip his players. Then he snarls at and stares down a reporter who dares to ask him if he had prepared for OU's changing defenses...

Did not check in for that. Were the Mountain Dew cans at least placed properly? o_O

Was kinda surprised at the final score. Maybe should not be at this point but I thought this was going to go down to the last couple of possessions. Thought the teams were pretty evenly matched.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron