ISU Tent

CY ST8T

Mar 23, 2006
Does anyone have any good sites or places where I could pay the least for an ISU pop up tent for our tailgate? Those that have done the legwork maybe can save me of the effort of looking all over pricing them.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
I too am interested in one, likely going to get one closer to fall.

Looking for the variety with the tarp that can cover 2 sides of the tent. The ones I've seen are white with ISU info on them.

zmanzbo

Apr 11, 2006
Looking for advice on this as well. Looking for a good sturdy ISU tent that will last.

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
I got mine as a gift so I'm not sure where they got it from but this is what it looks like. It is very sturdy and setup is a breeze.
Iowa State Cyclones College Canopy Tailgate Tent - 2 Colors

I think you can get them cheaper than that though. I would look at Scheels.

I bought tent sides (3 sides) online and a propane heater for the really cold games. Now I'm spoiled because I can wear no coat inside the tent when it's 20 degrees outside.

Here is one I found on Froogle for $199
Iowa State Cylones White Canopy Tailgate Tent

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
A word to the wise. Do not pinch pennies on getting a tent. We have lost 3 tents in the last 5 years due to windy conditions. It does not take much wind to destroy these things. I just spent $1400 buying what I hope is a bullet proof tent. Went with the Elipse II by EZ-UP. 10x15 with a red top and yellow sides.

CY ST8T

Mar 23, 2006
I can't say that our little party of 6 or so would do a $1400 tent, but thanks for giving me something to be jealous of. I am wondering what the shipping is on all these sites at $229.95 and such. It looks like Scheel's or Windsor Heights Hy-Vee would be the thing to do to avoid shipping.

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
My tent was actually $669, the 3 sides were about $350 total and then I also bought heavy duty ground stakes, weighted bags, and a carrying case for the tent and sides. Total was $1300 and shipping was another $100.

I'd guess you are looking at $50-$75 bucks shipping for the tent only IMO.

DaddyMac

Oct 18, 2006
He's right, however.

Becareful when using these "cheaper" tents. You usually want them in bad weather and I've seen more than a few get tore up in even moderate winds. Those EZ-up things just seem to have a bunch of weak point and fail like an umbrella.

They're awesome for sunny weather and shade, or light rain. But be very wary in winds.

CyTom

Mar 30, 2006
Des Moines
I was at Target at Merle Hay Mall on Saturday. They had an ISU tent for $170 and I believe the ISU camping chairs were $20. They also had a soft cooler with the ISU logo. Would have bought it, but it only fit 24 "pops".

guitarchitect7

Oct 8, 2006
www.chrisboeke.com
Well since Im broke, I'm just borrowing my parents canopy tent and putting on the red top instead of the blue. I know it doesn't say ISU or anything, but at least its red. Maybe that is the inexpensive way your looking for?

cyclonekj

Apr 11, 2006
I was at Target at Merle Hay Mall on Saturday. They had an ISU tent for $170 and I believe the ISU camping chairs were $20. They also had a soft cooler with the ISU logo. Would have bought it, but it only fit 24 "pops".

Weren't you allowed to purchase more than one? :wink0st:

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
While the ISU ones look nice I bought a Quick-Shade 10x10 for $50 on sale at Sports Authority and spent maybe $5 on some tarps for side walls when it was cold and windy. Doesn't have the ISU colors but still gets the job done.

candg4ever

Oct 29, 2006
Nevada, IA
I bought one just last year. After seaching the internet pretty thoroughly, I ended up buying mine at Hy-Vee Drug Store on Main St. in Ames. It was a little cheaper and there weren't any shipping and handling charges. Se sure to take a look b4 you buy it, tho. My original canopy top had some flaws in the printing in a few areas, but I contacted the manager af the store and they got me a replacement. Even let me keep the original.

They don't come with the sides, but there are a few different sites that sell the sides by themselves. The one I checked has them for $27 for each side. Right now they're out of the red, tho. It might not be a bad idea to wait 'til next year to see if there is any changes in the colors. You might be able to get one of the old ones cheaper then.