ISU Season paused indefinitely.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I dont wish this on anyone but the NBA proved its possible to contain with very strict protocols. I'm not saying it can't happen to any of us, but you csn significantly tilt the odds in your favor of not getting it by doing simple things.

The NBA when they were all playing in the exact area and not going anywhere else?

Have you been paying attention to the NBA? Several postponements. Karl Anthony Townes tested positive recently. He's lost 7 family members. Think he was being careful?

Reactions: Macloney

loupsolitaire

Jul 7, 2016
They can't practice right? How does sitting around playing video games for 2 weeks make them better than getting game experience at Kansas. If anything they will be worse when the season resumes.

Not 100% positive if they can practice, but the bottom of this article says Tre Jackson noticed "good energy in practice, even with the game postponed."

If they can't, then sure they could get worse, but not by a whole lot from what I've seen already. Anybody who turns it over 16 times a time needs take a seat.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
The NBA isn't exactly doing the greatest with Covid. Paid professionals with more resources.
It sounds like their solution is to expand rosters for now in the NBA, obviously that doesn't really work in college.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
It sounds like their solution is to expand rosters for now in the NBA, obviously that doesn't really work in college.

The NFL had that option too and is even using it in this week I think.

I guess that makes it easier.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
I dont wish this on anyone but the NBA proved its possible to contain with very strict protocols. I'm not saying it can't happen to any of us, but you csn significantly tilt the odds in your favor of not getting it by doing simple things.

There have been NBA games cancelled this week. Our football team did great this year, but anyone with any sort of knowledge also knew that there was some luck involved. In addition, one positive basketball player takes out the whole team most likely. That is not the case in football.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I've been contacted by two teams already because of my freakish ability to hit the skyball from behind the backboard off my garage roof during H-O-R-S-E every once in a while.

I could win horse by shooting over the backboard from juuust behind it but still in bounds.

Where does that skill fit in?

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX
In addition, one positive basketball player takes out the whole team most likely. That is not the case in football.

Wait, haven't we seen teams playing with depleted rosters and what about the rule for minimum roster requirement.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Wait, haven't we seen teams playing with depleted rosters and what about the rule for minimum roster requirement.

Have we? Please let me know who. But it can take out a team. It’s harder to play a game with just one positive because of contact tracing.

CyclonesRock

Jan 1, 2018
Iowa
I've been contacted by two teams already because of my freakish ability to hit the skyball from behind the backboard off my garage roof during H-O-R-S-E every once in a while.
I only play P-I-G these days, don't have the energy to make enough shots to play H-O-R-S-E! :jimlad:

• Winner

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
I am good for two minutes . . . . in any activity during the game, post game . . . . ;)

Help Support Us

Become a patron