ISU press conference about band situation

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Kudos to Dr. Wintersteen also. Randy tried to bait her into making a public account of how she was treated last year in Iowa City and she took the high road and didn't add flame to the fire.

She, and our AD, are sorta out of Randy's league. He should stick to trying to bait some grad assistant or some student volunteer or maybe quote a student athlete out of context.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
3bfpea.jpg

CloneFan4

Aug 5, 2010
West Des Moines
Very confusing as to why the band director would do this. I'd like to hear what they were thinking when they decided to leave through the crowded entrance as opposed to the one completely clear of people.

Because hes an entitled **** wad like most associated with the University.

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: keepngoal

CtownCyclone

Really Strong Cardinals
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 20, 2010
Where they love the governor
From the interests of the U of I athletic department that makes perfect sense.

But the first thing his department should have told any alleged victims, of course, was to report it to the police immediately. I'm not sure he (or his underlings did that). That's just the right thing to do, regardless of outcome. All too often, university officials at many, many universities fail to do that or, even worse, actively, seek to have reports handled "informally".

So I agree he may have been "decent" from the perspective of athletic department public relations (which is, of course, part of his job) but he was anything but decent as a human being if he failed to advocate strenuously for alleged victims and witnesses to report things to the police.

Gary's got a track record of handling things "informally" and look how well it's worked for him! He and Larry Scott have discovered how to be terrible at your job and still rake in the cash.

https://www.goiowaawesome.com/iowa-hawkeyes-news/2018/11/3435/the-chronicles-of-barta

• Agree
Reactions: CloneLawman

CloneLawman

Fortis Non Ferox
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Wherever I go, there I am.
OK, but at this point more than a week later both universities have made that point ad nauseum. And as of this morning neither police department in either of the two cities has anything to go investigate.

People are free to speculate on what that might mean in terms of the veracity of the social media accounts that were the spark for this whole deal. JP has every right to be indignant about how things played out in the media.
I never suggested otherwise. I was critiquing Barta.

MJN

Aug 13, 2011
Urbandale
Amusing, but not surprising that there will be those who want to keep on ******* that chicken.

And on the very day that a CYclone fan set out to raise more than a million dollars for the kid's hospital on their campus. They are so much trash. They deserve all the ridicule coming their way for this.

Just this week I heard about a well known Hawkeye supporter laughing on his radio program how he personally threw urine at ISU band members so maybe this concept of policing one's own fans is something we should explore some more?

What?! who was that?

D

Deleted member 8507

Could we maybe rent some massive excavating equipment and reshape the Mississippi river and Iowa's eastern boarder? Something like I attatched.
That means I have to move because there is no way I am living in Illinois.

• Agree
Reactions: aauummm

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
What?! who was that?

Sorry it was the Condon person referenced in earlier threads and his remarks were about what he did to a Wisconsin fan, not ISU. I am going to delete that part of the post, I don't want to fan flames with incorrect info, either.

Reactions: MJN

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
Don't forget this is the same school who thinks it is a good idea now to put visiting bands in the top of a seating section forcing them to walk all the way down and back up to access the field for performances.

• Agree
Reactions: aauummm

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX
Very confusing as to why the band director would do this. I'd like to hear what they were thinking when they decided to leave through the crowded entrance as opposed to the one completely clear of people.

They were laughing and gloating as they tried pushing through the ISU crowd. That's why they did it. They were trying to rub it in (which I'm ok with ) but they were dickish about it and it backfired on them and they got heckled (which I'm also ok with).

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron