SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2007
Johnston
I assume JP ends with this?
giphy.gif

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Randy Pete needs to take note of the great question CW just asked about if ISU band will be going to Iowa City next year.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Well at least we know the locker room security issues are dealt with

Perhaps JP should mention that the ISU/Iowa game is perhaps done until Iowa fans and band members can protect the safety and security of the locker rooms.

• Winner
Reactions: isufbcurt

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
Its comical how Pollard is just blaming the victims here. Iowa not leaving the right exit doesn't condone the actions of the Cyclone fans.

Actually what's comical, and also sad, is that there have been ZERO people that have come forward to officially file an incident. ZERO. None. Nada. Why? They could absolutely do so anonymously.

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
Watching both the police officer and pollard speaking, it sounds like the TOE band was completely obnoxious ( captain obvious) because :
1.) They were told to use the northeast exit because there were over a thousand fans slowly exiting, shoulder to shoulder, at the narrow northwest exit where the construction is. The northeast exit was not crowded.
2.) The band decided to use the northwest exit anyway despite the conditions of #1 above.
3.) The band was marching in formation and PLAYING their fight song into the crowd; moving faster than the people exiting. The were moving right into the backs of people trying to leave.

#3 is what get me. Extremely RUDE of the opposing team to continue to march and play through a crowd that obviously cannot move out of the way at that location! Doing that alone was a recipe for disaster. This whole thing is a **** show by Iowa.
I was trying to leave the west gate as this was happening, and this description is 100% accurate.