ISR March to Madness thread

Expert

Mar 4, 2021

1- This comment wasn't about the officiating

2- Gard should worry more about teaching his team to put the ball in the basket

3- It is poetic that Davison gave Iowa free points the last 2 seasons when Wisconsin was trying to come back

Reactions: GoIaHawkS

Crookedhatkid

May 14, 2018
1- This comment wasn't about the officiating

2- Gard should worry more about teaching his team to put the ball in the basket

3- It is poetic that Davison gave Iowa free points the last 2 seasons when Wisconsin was trying to come back
What??? It absolutely was about officiating.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Fun little tidbit I heard on a podcast this morning. Wisconsin went 14-3 in games not reffed by Bo Boroski and 2-8 in games reffed by him. That’s insane lol. Could you imagine if the teams we rooted for had a stat like that against a ref?

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
Fun little tidbit I heard on a podcast this morning. Wisconsin went 14-3 in games not reffed by Bo Boroski and 2-8 in games reffed by him. That’s insane lol. Could you imagine if the teams we rooted for had a stat like that against a ref?

Bo reffed 6 games Wisconsin played vs top 5 teams (2 vs Michigan, 2 vs Illinois, Iowa and OSU). Yeah they lost all 6 by a combined 60+ points, that wasn't the refs fault, Wisconsin just isn't good enough to be top 5 quality teams.

• Disagree
Reactions: GoHawks and CyTwins

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
I don’t think I’ve seen that many video reviews in a game like ever.

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
I agree. It sucked the life out of the game. I’d be embarrassed to be one of those officials.
Unfortunately I think that’ll be kind of standard in the NCAA’s. I understand wanting to get it right but they need more discretion in regards to video review

• Agree
Reactions: Statefan10

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Unfortunately I think that’ll be kind of standard in the NCAA’s. I understand wanting to get it right but they need more discretion in regards to video review
I didn't catch any of the game or any highlights. When you have to zoom in and slow down **** to a snails pace, its brutal.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Yeah it might. It’ll be something that’s discussed after the season though and tinkered with. Can’t throw the game’s rhythm off that much and refs can’t control the outcome of the game like that.

• Agree
Reactions: dexterhawk

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018

What are the refs supposed to do? I mean hook and hold always have to be reviewed. Obviously the out of bounds play under 1 min to play needed to be reviewed as well.

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
To be fair Iowa seems to ask for reviews a lot lol

Good thing they did for the egregious hook and hold on Davison. The refs really screwed Iowa by calling a foul on Keegan for getting hooked and held. At least the replay got the obvious call on Davison even if the horrible call on Keegan still stood.

• Disagree
Reactions: CyTwins

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
What are the refs supposed to do? I mean hook and hold always have to be reviewed. Obviously the out of bounds play under 1 min to play needed to be reviewed as well.
Is this Bo's burner account? That would actually make sense. Hates Wisconsin and loves Iowa

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Good thing they did for the egregious hook and hold on Davison. The refs really screwed Iowa by calling a foul on Keegan for getting hooked and held. At least the replay got the obvious call on Davison even if the horrible call on Keegan still stood.
You think they review that play if they don't call a foul on Murray? I don't. That foul on Murray helped Iowa IMO and I'm being honest there

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron