ISR March to Madness thread

GoHawks

Jul 12, 2009
Okay so here is where our opinions disagree. You think Trice shoved Bohannon and I think trice had his hand on his hip and JBo made a terrific sell job and got rewarded. It happens all the time. What actually matters is that there was a foul call nonetheless.

The Davidson foul was also ridiculous. If you can definitively say Brad can jump up and hook and hold someone’s arm while in the air and trying to catch a pass, you’re moronic. If you also think that it’s fine and dandy for JBo to get the ball and flail his elbows like a 3rd grader and make contact with the Wisconsin guy’s head, you are also moronic.
What was happening is he was trying to push him off balance off the screen and on the floor which i agree that if it were on the floor there is discretion as to what goes and doesn't. He didn't expect bohanon to shoot so he got caught so to speak.

I don't disagree the flagarant was over officiated. I do however think the ensuing jump ball was ridiculous though. You can't plow yourself into a guy to get a jump ball because time is expiring

Reactions: Statefan10

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
Mods need to ban @Legend Hawk this is getting ridiculous. Trolls are out of hand and they aren’t adding anything to the conversation.

LOL so because I think pushing a guy 25' from the basket is foul? Or is this because an obvious hook and hold was called a hook and hold after an extensive review of the play?

• Dumb
Reactions: cycloner29

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
What was happening is he was trying to push him off balance off the screen and on the floor which i agree that if it were on the floor there is discretion as to what goes and doesn't. He didn't expect bohanon to shoot so he got caught so to speak.

I don't disagree the flagarant was over officiated. I do however think the ensuing jump ball was ridiculous though. You can't plow yourself into a guy to get a jump ball because time is expiring
Agreed they 100% fouled Jordan. I can’t believe they didn’t go to the scores table though to look at him hitting Anderson above the neck.

And you’re correct on the screen I just think it was a call that was cheap and I’ve been vocal about it in NBA threads on here. As I said before, terrific play by Jordan to force the refs to call a foul.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
On the play where Davison got the hook and hold, you think that was a foul on Murray?
Depends. I probably wouldn’t have called a foul there. But that foul was essentially negated by the fact that Iowa got two shots and the ball. Neither call should’ve been made.

Nate STANley

Feb 4, 2021
Depends. I probably wouldn’t have called a foul there. But that foul was essentially negated by the fact that Iowa got two shots and the ball. Neither call should’ve been made.
The call was much worse than Bohannon’s. They can’t reverse that call either. Regardless, Wisconsin had the ball down 3 with 10 seconds left and a chance to score and they didn’t.

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018

You can't be serious. That was the very definition of a hook and hold, the refs were forced to call it because they watched in on replay time and time again. It isn't like they made that call on a bang bang play. They watched it over and over again and every time they see a hook and hold by Davison.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
The call was much worse than Bohannon’s. They can’t reverse that call either. Regardless, Wisconsin had the ball down 3 with 10 seconds left and a chance to score and they didn’t.
Yeah I agree Wisconsin still had a chance despite all that. I never said Wisconsin should’ve won. I just said Iowa got a ton of help. And no, that doesn’t mean the refs wanted to screw Wisconsin or they had $ on the game. It’s just how it goes sometimes.

Something we can all agree on is these refs were pathetic, lost control of the game, and screwed with the flow of what should have been an awesome finish. You don’t need to go to the monitor 10 times like they did.

GoHawks

Jul 12, 2009
Agreed they 100% fouled Jordan. I can’t believe they didn’t go to the scores table though to look at him hitting Anderson above the neck.

And you’re correct on the screen I just think it was a call that was cheap and I’ve been vocal about it in NBA threads on here. As I said before, terrific play by Jordan to force the refs to call a foul.
If teams were flipped I'd be upset on the foul on the jumpshot but if i was neutral i would say correct call

That's all fair

Reactions: Statefan10

Crookedhatkid

May 14, 2018
You can't be serious. That was the very definition of a hook and hold, the refs were forced to call it because they watched in on replay time and time again. It isn't like they made that call on a bang bang play. They watched it over and over again and every time they see a hook and hold by Davison.

I can’t see how you review that play but don’t review Bohannon cracking a Wisconsin dude in the chops right before the jump ball. That seems like an obvious flagrant, wildly throwing elbows is certainly not a basketball play. Would have been 2 shots and the ball for Wisconsin down 3.

Help Support Us

Become a patron