ISR Bowl talk

4theCYcle

Jul 14, 2013
Urbandale, IA
...and OU beat OsU by 1....both teams have warts and give up way too many pts.

So no in-state rivalry game playing a part here? These are instances where you can throw out records and stats. How does Maryland compare to tOSU again? I'm sorry, but you can't compare the two. OU's resume >>>.

• Winner
Reactions: isufbcurt

EarthIsMan

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 23, 2014
Earth
Those stats pretty much make them a wash when you throw in the D stats.

Either way....Alabama destroys both teams. Might be the year to get "snubbed" by the committee...whichever team gets picked will be pegged as an undeserving fraud after Bama boat races them....
3.94 - 2.79 > 3.09 - 2.11
1.15 > 0.98

When adjusted to an “average” team Oklahoma still has better overall efficiency....so it far from a wash. Ohio State is slightly better in special teams. Pretty much every advanced metric has Oklahoma as the better team as well.

Ultimately, it doesn’t matter until we see what happens this Saturday for both teams, however.

• Agree
Reactions: dexterhawk

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
We will have a pretty good idea what the committees intentions are after the rankings are released this week. In other words, will Northwestern get the annual B1G bump to help tOSU's resume? Either way if tOSU and OU both win I don't know how the Sooner's get passed.

• Winner
Reactions: isufbcurt

Boxerdaddy

Oct 19, 2009
Beaverdale, IA
In order to get to the Alamo bowl, ISU needs Oklahoma to win to get into the playoff and then Texas to get the sugar bowl.

If Texas were to win, is there still a chance they could both be in NY6 bowls? Which other bowl? (other than the Sugar)

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
In order to get to the Alamo bowl, ISU needs Oklahoma to win to get into the playoff and then Texas to get the sugar bowl.

If Texas were to win, is there still a chance they could both be in NY6 bowls? Which other bowl? (other than the Sugar)

I highly doubt Texas gets a NY6 bowl after another loss. Your best bet is for Texas to win and then OU to get a NY6 bowl, which would be pretty much guaranteed.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
I highly doubt Texas gets a NY6 bowl after another loss. Your best bet is for Texas to win and then OU to get a NY6 bowl, which would be pretty much guaranteed.

If OU wins and gets a playoff bid, the Sugar Bowl has to select the next best team from the Big 12 and that would be Texas.

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
Okie State is a bowl team, Maryland not so much.
True...a 6-6 bowl team. Maryland 5-7.

Guess my point is this....I can see picking OU over OSU, I just think both teams are flawed and either one is going to be a punching bag for Alabama.

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
So no in-state rivalry game playing a part here? These are instances where you can throw out records and stats. How does Maryland compare to tOSU again? I'm sorry, but you can't compare the two. OU's resume >>>.
Fair point. OU also gave up 40 pts to KU. Just don't see either team being a clear choice over the other. If I was on the committee I'd give the nod to OU.

4theCYcle

Jul 14, 2013
Urbandale, IA
Fair point. OU also gave up 40 pts to KU. Just don't see either team being a clear choice over the other. If I was on the committee I'd give the nod to OU.

Yeah, it's no secret OU doesn't really have a defense. But they still get it done. Their worst loss is to a rival by 3 points. Yeah, giving up 40 to KU doesn't look the best, but KU has improved some. They still scored 55 and could have been looking ahead to WVU on the road beforehand. This big 12 championship will tell a lot. I still give them the slight edge over OSU, as their worst loss was a blowout to Purdue. I'm sure OSU was looking ahead to Michigan from the Maryland game, but they got lucky there. Maryland makes that easy toss and we wouldn't even be having this discussion. OU loses to Texas and this is all for naught. Georgia will likely lose and based on the CFB rankings, OU slides right in. If Georgia beats Bama, that will make things a little annoying.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
I'm rooting for OU to rout Texass. The only team I'd root for Texas against is Iowa unless their win GUARANTEED a better ISU bowl. Of course I'll root for Northwestern to win or keep it close against OSU.

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
Been hearing a lot more chatter that may steer the Hawks to the Outback Bowl again. Am still hoping for the Holiday as it would be something new.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
Been hearing a lot more chatter that may steer the Hawks to the Outback Bowl again. Am still hoping for the Holiday as it would be something new.
Plus I’m not sure how much scoring Iowa does against a Kentucky team that has an outstanding defense.

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
I see it as Bama, Clemson, ND and then OSU. OSU win over Michigan was impressive, and the win verse PSU helps. OU has not had that impressive win, WV is not a big win and beating Texas will not be as big as the Michigan beat down. And I hate OSU and like OU. But that is how it is going to shake out, and then Bama will destroy OSU

Oklahomas wins over Texas (if they win) and WVU are just as good as Michigan and PSU, who are both overrated. OU also has a win @ Iowa State.

Don't be shocked if Northwestern gives OSU a game. They got smoked by Purdue and should have lost to Maryland and Nebraska. That doesn't scream playoff caliber to me. They won't jump OU if OU wins. Just won't happen.