ISR Bowl talk

benjimill

Apr 8, 2018
Plus I’m not sure how much scoring Iowa does against a Kentucky team that has an outstanding defense.

The over/under on an Iowa/Kentucky game might be in the 30’s. Kentucky’s offense is even worse than Iowa’s.

CloneLawman

Fortis Non Ferox
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Wherever I go, there I am.
I see it as Bama, Clemson, ND and then OSU. OSU win over Michigan was impressive, and the win verse PSU helps. OU has not had that impressive win, WV is not a big win and beating Texas will not be as big as the Michigan beat down. And I hate OSU and like OU. But that is how it is going to shake out, and then Bama will destroy OSU
Once again, your handle promises more than your brain can deliver.

• Funny
Reactions: Acylum and iahawks

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
Regardless of conference affiliation, I heard Nate Stanely is hoping for these bowls:

Famous Idaho Potato Bowl
Cheez-It Bowl
Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl
Citrus Bowl
Sugar Bowl
Outback Bowl
Whatever happened to the Tostito's Fiesta Bowl? Stanley ate it.

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
Yeah, it's no secret OU doesn't really have a defense. But they still get it done. Their worst loss is to a rival by 3 points. Yeah, giving up 40 to KU doesn't look the best, but KU has improved some. They still scored 55 and could have been looking ahead to WVU on the road beforehand. This big 12 championship will tell a lot. I still give them the slight edge over OSU, as their worst loss was a blowout to Purdue. I'm sure OSU was looking ahead to Michigan from the Maryland game, but they got lucky there. Maryland makes that easy toss and we wouldn't even be having this discussion. OU loses to Texas and this is all for naught. Georgia will likely lose and based on the CFB rankings, OU slides right in. If Georgia beats Bama, that will make things a little annoying.
Really hope Georgia loses...don’t think I could handle the SEC chants in both semifinals.....yuck

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Whatever happened to the Tostito's Fiesta Bowl? Stanley ate it.

Stanley isn't interested in The Tostito's Fiesta Bowl because he heard they pulled a Panchero's and queso is extra.

LarryISU

Feb 10, 2013
Omaha
They are built about the same.

Surely to say this I am guessing you cannot have watched Kyler Murray much in comparison to Dwayne Haskins. Murray is like a water bug but on grass. He played in Ames and I felt like I had never seen a player with that much quickness or elusiveness. I sat there thinking, "Well, this just isn't even fair!" It's like trying to tackle cobwebs, or smoke maybe is a better analogy.

As for Iowa's bowl game, it looks like you are the 5th option and everyone knows your fans will show up, so that helps. But like ISU, it's just a guess for now until the CFP teams and NY6 are all decided. Ohio State and MIchigan should both have NY6 as a minimum and so that moves the Hawks up to the 3rd selection for the remaining B1G bowls. I'm guessing both of us will have fairly tough matchups, but at least not on the opponent's home field!

• Agree
Reactions: dexterhawk

CySmurf

Jul 14, 2011
I see it as Bama, Clemson, ND and then OSU. OSU win over Michigan was impressive, and the win verse PSU helps. OU has not had that impressive win, WV is not a big win and beating Texas will not be as big as the Michigan beat down. And I hate OSU and like OU. But that is how it is going to shake out, and then Bama will destroy OSU
That's all well and good but you're not taking into account Oklahoma didn't get trounced by 29 pts to anyone like tOSU has.

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
I'm guessing Iowa fans would have traveled better to the Holiday Bowl but both teams should show out well

I'm thinking it would be about the same. Outback is a cheaper destination and one fans know quite well. Holiday would have been a change of pace, but more expensive. I feel they will have 15 to 20K there.

• Agree
Reactions: dexterhawk

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I'm thinking it would be about the same. Outback is a cheaper destination and one fans know quite well. Holiday would have been a change of pace, but more expensive. I feel they will have 15 to 20K there.

That's crazy. I booked a flight yesterday morning to Orlando as a backup plan and it was crazy expensive