Is Turner Gill a no brainer?

alaskaguy

Apr 11, 2006
Turner Gill's name is brought up more frequently than any other name on this board as the guy we should be going after.

Is there anybody that would be unhappy with hiring Turner Gill?

What are our chances of getting Turner Gill?

jumbopackage

Sep 18, 2007
If there is, there shouldn't be.

Slim to none, IMO. If Jamie pulls it off, it's a major home run.

Drive4cy

Nov 17, 2006
Gill has built a program from practically nothing and won a conference title with them. He has ties in this part of the country. Pelini is doing well at Nebraska so that job won't be opening anytime soon for him.

Yes, it's a no-brainer. I just hope he gives us a chance.

price26

Sep 1, 2006
Ames, IA
After losing Chizik, who has made himself out as scum of the earth for lying to everyone involved, Gill would be a complete 180. I don't know if any of you saw his interview after the MAC championship, but I don't think you'd come to see any of this from Gill.

I don't think anyone here would be unhappy with Gill. He is a hot commodity candidate with a proven track record as a head coach, unlike Chizik.

I think JP has to try and hunt down someone who has had success at a non-bcs school. Right now, after failure with Gene, I want someone who has succeeded as a head coach.

gmckern

Oct 23, 2006
We dont need another young coach that will leave for a better situation once someone comes throwing large $'s. We need a stable head coach who could build the thing up and appoint someone under him to take over down the road. Phil Fulmer, Tommy T. Needs to be an offensive coach. The last defensive coached we have hired have not panned out. The big 12 is going to high scoring offenses, we might as well get on board. Young recruits want to come to a place to score TD, not battle it out in a 13-10 game!!

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
Its too good a fit. He has experence, he knows how to build a program, he knows the conference, players would like him, fans would like him, he is ofensive mind, and is from texas.

superdorf

Oct 1, 2007
Des Moines, IA
www.superdorf.com
We dont need another young coach that will leave for a better situation once someone comes throwing large $'s. We need a stable head coach who could build the thing up and appoint someone under him to take over down the road. Phil Fulmer, Tommy T. Needs to be an offensive coach. The last defensive coached we have hired have not panned out. The big 12 is going to high scoring offenses, we might as well get on board. Young recruits want to come to a place to score TD, not battle it out in a 13-10 game!!
Tommy T? Now wouldn't that be ironic... don'tcha think?

Walo

Dec 13, 2008
Ames
Turner Gill is absolutely a no-brainer. If we can get him, there is no doubt in my mind that he is the best available option. From a recruiting stand point I think he's the best ISU can get.

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL
I definitely don't want to see Phil Fulmer. Gill would be awesome, but I don't know if he would come here. He might like the Nebraska job down the line, but it probably won't be open for a bit. I would be very happy with him. If he can win at Buffalo, that says a lot.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Tommy T? Now wouldn't that be ironic... don'tcha think?

I think if Auburn fans were pissed about the Chizik hire, they'd be even more pissed that we ended up with what could be the better coach between the two at the end of this.

The same would probably apply if Gill found his way here as well.

LeaningCy

Jan 18, 2008
I really, really like this vid: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYrdAJIyJo8]YouTube - Turner Gill, The Next Auburn Coach[/ame]

Help Support Us

Become a patron