Help: Is there a site tutorial?

CyValley

Feb 29, 2008
Hey,

Private Messages gives rise to this question. I don't know what's considered courtesy. When someone sends you a message (pro or con), is a response expected? Or, are responses (thank yous, for example) seen as unnecessary and a clog to the system?

Actually, other than posting and responding to messages, I have no idea what/how the mechanics of this site work. For instance, I don't have a clue what Credits are about or how they are earned or lost.

So, I ask, is there a tutorial here that explains the ins and outs of the site? I've taken a quick look about but have not seen one.

Thanks much.

isucyfan

Speechless
Apr 21, 2006
Saint Paul, MN
I would say that responding to a PM is courteous, but not required. I wouldn't worry about your PMs unnecessarily clogging the system. It's just a few electrons.:smile:

There isn't a site tutorial, but don't be afraid to play around with the features...you won't hurt anything.

Credits are earned by being active on the site, i.e. logging in, posting, etc. You can use those credits to bet on CyBookie events. Just click on CyBookie on the left Site Navigation menu, or the link at the top of the site.

As always, don't be afraid to ask the community or PM a mod if you have any questions.

CyValley

Feb 29, 2008
I would say that responding to a PM is courteous, but not required. I wouldn't worry about your PMs unnecessarily clogging the system. It's just a few electrons. . . .

Credits are earned by being active on the site, i.e. logging in, posting, etc. You can use those credits to bet on CyBookie events. . . .

isucyfan, thank you much for the information. Guess I'll continue as I have been (but will respond to PMs; I want to be as courteous as possible to my fellow Cyclone fans). I see that I can ignore Credits, then (I don't bet -- ever).

Very helpful, isucyfan.

RyCy04

Sep 26, 2007
Omaha, NE
isucyfan, thank you much for the information. Guess I'll continue as I have been (but will respond to PMs; I want to be as courteous as possible to my fellow Cyclone fans). I see that I can ignore Credits, then (I don't bet -- ever).

Very helpful, isucyfan.
I bet you 100,000 credits that I can get you gambling within 2 weeks.

shildreth

Mar 28, 2006
Phoenix, AZ

Very helpful, isucyfan.

can I have them then?:biglaugh:

Transient

Apr 17, 2008
is there anyway to turn off posts, rep power, credits and join date? I wanna stuff as many posts as I can onto my screen. Thanks

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
There isn't a tutorial but it's something I've had on my to-do for a very long time but haven't had any time to work on something.

To be honest, I lose track of some of the features at times, there are just so many and I'm typically working on developing several at any given time. Some never make it to the public side of the world but even the ones that do sometimes get hidden and/or buried by other things.

isucyfan

Speechless
Apr 21, 2006
Saint Paul, MN
is there anyway to turn off posts, rep power, credits and join date? I wanna stuff as many posts as I can onto my screen. Thanks

No, there's not a way to do this for viewing, but there is a way to increase the number of posts that show on a page.

Go to your profile page, on the left side of your profile is "Edit Options". Scroll down towards the bottom of the page and select the drop down menu under "Number of Posts to Show Per Page".