Is the strip club in Cambridge still there?

RyCy04

Sep 26, 2007
Omaha, NE
Haha. I went there for a few bachelor parties. The "lap dance" area was a chair behind a plant. I never saw a girl there that was remotely attractive. I heard it is gone now but I have no real confirmation on that. Man, I miss that place.

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
Where else can you get a lap dance behind a plant and see a stripper missing her two front teeth?

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
I want to say that before I moved to Michigan for a job back in the late '90's that my friends took me there and bought me a lap dance as a going away present. I remember having a pretty good time there :smile:

leroycyclone

Jan 2, 2010
Boulder, CO
OK, I have to reply to this thread. There was a strip club in Cambridge or Huxley, or one of the towns, along Highway 69 south of Ames in the early 70s. If memory serves me well, it was on the east side of the highway. I went once, probably in "71 or "72. Once was enough. It was worse than nasty, but crowded.

nj344170

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
I think the place you are talking about is now Water Street Bar & Grill. You can still see where the stripper pole was. We generally hit it up before or after every football game.

Last edited:

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
OK, I have to reply to this thread. There was a strip club in Cambridge or Huxley, or one of the towns, along Highway 69 south of Ames in the early 70s. If memory serves me well, it was on the east side of the highway. I went once, probably in "71 or "72. Once was enough. It was worse than nasty, but crowded.

The name of that place is on the tip of my tongue, but I can't come up with it. I was in there once and the waitress brought shots to us under her "mammaries". She lifted on up and it had like 4 full shot glasses under it.

Went to Cambridge one as well. Once was enough.

lmsoup

Apr 11, 2006
Cedar Falls, IA

Big Jims....he was big and was a heck of a nice guy really.

CYKOFAN

Mar 27, 2006
I think the place in Huxley was called Big Jim's if I remember correctly. I went there a few times about 40 years ago when I was young and a little ornery and part of that "irresponsible" generation of young people.

ICCYFAN

Sep 6, 2006
Iowa City
I'm left with a sense of nostalgia to hear that Chris's is closed. It was the place of choice for bachelor parties when my 18-20 year-old friends got married and we needed a place that didn't card (because EVERYBODY was under-age)...

Pitt_Clone

Nov 15, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
Every time the Cambridge strip club gets mentioned I think of the time someone told me they saw a pregnant woman dancing there. Not sure how much truth there is to it, but for that place it seems possible which is disturbing enough.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota

Mid-70's there was B's Lounge in downtown Ames. Not as sleazy as the others and had cold Bud on special and my favorite pinball machine, Freedom by Bally. There was a dive strip bar another block away (just out the back door of B's and across the street). Was in there one hot summer evening when they had the front door propped open and a guy road his Harley in and pulled right up to the bar. They served him and he drank his beer sitting on his hog. It was just that kind of place.
:yes:

Almost forgot another strip bar over by the railroad tracks in the early '70's. Think it was called the Peanut Tree. Chris Taylor was the bouncer.

Last edited:
Reactions: HOTDON

TOR

Feb 13, 2010
I think the place in Huxley was called Big Jim's if I remember correctly. I went there a few times about 40 years ago when I was young and a little ornery and part of that "irresponsible" generation of young people.

It wasn't just you, your entire generation spent like wealthy drunk sailors at a strip club. Thanks for ******* the future.:wink: