Is Pollard a serious candidate for the Neb Ad job

ISpyCy

Sep 17, 2011
Harlan, IA/Lincoln, NE
Nebby wants to find someone who is not only knowledgeable about athletics, but has Nebraska ties, as per the Chancellor's press conference. That right there all but eliminates JP. I expect Trev Alberts to be a name that's thrown around a lot in the next few days.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
I'm sure it would be enticing but the new AD is going to have to **** can a football and basketball coach and there is going to be a ton of pressure on that football HC hire.

• Agree
Reactions: aauummm

ElephantPie

Aug 17, 2011
Would hate to be the guy in charge when the 356 game "sellout" streak (began in 1962) ends. Someone email that to Pollard.

• Winner
Reactions: srjclone

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Nebby wants to find someone who is not only knowledgeable about athletics, but has Nebraska ties, as per the Chancellor's press conference. That right there all but eliminates JP. I expect Trev Alberts to be a name that's thrown around a lot in the next few days.

Well, that would be their first mistake.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
As many others have mentioned, I think Jamie being the next AD at Wisky is a pretty easy and good call.
I think his heart is very family orientated, so I think they will have a huge say in whatever he does going forward.
I know we're also only like a year or so removed from the retention bonus he got. Does he have another one of those in his contract?

• Agree
Reactions: JimmyChitwood

knowlesjam

Oct 21, 2012
Papillion, NE
Alberts to UNL getting a lot of play on the Omaha media...there definitely are worse picks than Alberts.

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
We're really patient here. He seems to have make some good choices in Prohm and Cambell and if I were him I'd want to stick around to bask in the upcoming glory.

• Winner
Reactions: aauummm

ISpyCy

Sep 17, 2011
Harlan, IA/Lincoln, NE
Alberts to UNL getting a lot of play on the Omaha media...there definitely are worse picks than Alberts.
Although he ended the UNO football and championship caliber wrestling programs, he did bring the school up to D1 status. Men's basketball was pretty close to the big dance last year too. It wouldn't be a splashy hire (his demeanor is that of Pelini), but not the worst thing in the world either.

Calling it here:
1. Alberts hired as AD.
2. Alberts goes after either Scott Frost (former QB) or Les Miles (son plays for Nebby).
3. Alberts then fires Tim Miles.

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
Nebraska would be stupid to not offer him (or want him) and JP would be stupid to take the job.

BUT they do have really deep pockets, so anything is possible. :confused:

• Informative
Reactions: jsb

JStanz51

Sep 24, 2013
Ames, IA
Although he ended the UNO football and championship caliber wrestling programs, he did bring the school up to D1 status. Men's basketball was pretty close to the big dance last year too. It wouldn't be a splashy hire (his demeanor is that of Pelini), but not the worst thing in the world either.

Calling it here:
1. Alberts hired as AD.
2. Alberts goes after either Scott Frost (former QB) or Les Miles (son plays for Nebby).
3. Alberts then fires Tim Miles.

Been listening to some Omaha sports radio this afternoon and I’d actually be surprised if Miles is gone as soon as some people believe. Eichorst was not his biggest fan and he has (possibly) the most talented roster that he’s had since he’s been at Nebraska. Miles might actually be the big winner from this whole deal.

Help Support Us

Become a patron