Misc: Is Jason Whitlock the biggest...

dosry5

Nov 28, 2006
Johnston
tool out of all the sports talking heads out there? He can be funny....but man, this is a snippet from his latest article, which is on Serena Williams:

BBWs — Big Booty Women — do not write me angry e-mails. I'm only knocking Serena's back pack because it's preventing her from reaching her full potential as an athletic icon. I am not fundamentally opposed to junk in the trunk, although my preference is a stuffed onion over an oozing pumpkin.

Serena could be the best ever, but ... - FOX Sports on MSN

I used to think he was funny, edgy, and a good columnist. Now I think his head got big and he's just looking to get attention...and EVERYTHING has to be about skin color with him--good or bad, for or against. He's off my list of people I can stand.

Clones85'

Just Win Baby
Jan 31, 2007
No.

Whitlock is one of the few that still says it exactly how it is. He doesn't mind ******* people off and ruffling some feathers along the way. And I have heard him many times saying how he hates it when people play the race card

dosry5

Nov 28, 2006
Johnston
No.

Whitlock is one of the few that still says it exactly how it is. He doesn't mind ******* people off and ruffling some feathers along the way. And I have heard him many times saying how he hates it when people play the race card

I used to think that exact thing. But he got big(ger) and now it seems he just goes for shock value. I've heard him talk about the race card like that too, and that was one of the reasons I really like him--but he can't seem to write without it being about race in some how or way. Not saying he's using the card, I'm just saying he seems like a one trick pony who has to use shock value now to get readers.

benjay

Mar 23, 2006
I generally like Whitlock's articles. He makes some good points, although he has a tendency to belabor them.

He's calling Serena overweight and out of shape. I don't know if that's true, but if it is, he's completely in bounds on this article.

Reactions: cyfanatic

Clones85'

Just Win Baby
Jan 31, 2007
I kind of agree with him. I mean she is obviously still awesome as she won Wimbledon, but I think she could be dominating if she lost some breast size and size on her back side. With that said, I don't know how I feel about a guy writing an article on how a girl needs to lose weight

CycloneWarning

Jan 14, 2008
He was very, very good when he first came to KC and had no qualms about taking on all the local sports teams.

Since the Don Imus incident, he has been trying to establish himself on a national stage to speak on racial issues. He and Bill Cosby are still fairly unique in speaking out against the hip-hop culture and its impact on the current generation of black youth.

Like others, I probably liked Whitlock more when he stuck to sports. But he is intelligent and articulate, usually a good read even if he is chasing a rabbit. I guess in many ways, he and Deace are similar. Trying to have a bigger stage than a sports article or show allows.

Reactions: cyfanatic

dosry5

Nov 28, 2006
Johnston
I kind of agree with him. I mean she is obviously still awesome as she won Wimbledon, but I think she could be dominating if she lost some breast size and size on her back side. With that said, I don't know how I feel about a guy writing an article on how a girl needs to lose weight

What is wrong with you????:sad:

Reactions: CycoCyclone

dosry5

Nov 28, 2006
Johnston
He was very, very good when he first came to KC and had no qualms about taking on all the local sports teams.

Since the Don Imus incident, he has been trying to establish himself on a national stage to speak on racial issues. He and Bill Cosby are still fairly unique in speaking out against the hip-hop culture and its impact on the current generation of black youth.

Like others, I probably liked Whitlock more when he stuck to sports. But he is intelligent and articulate, usually a good read even if he is chasing a rabbit. I guess in many ways, he and Deace are similar. Trying to have a bigger stage than a sports article or show allows.

Intelligent, articulate, and well thought out post. It has no place here.:no:

dosry5

Nov 28, 2006
Johnston
I know I know. Normally I would not say such an awful thing. But for an athlete, I don't think you would want boobs that big

Whitlock's are bigger. At first, that is what shocked me most--Whitlock writing an article on someone needing to lose weight.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Whitlock isn't the first person to say Serena is overweight for tennis. Tennis people have been saying it for years.

And I think Serena looks great.

dosry5

Nov 28, 2006
Johnston
Whitlock isn't the first person to say Serena is overweight for tennis. Tennis people have been saying it for years.

Serena does look great. I'm sure she could beat me up. And I'm okay with that.

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA

Yes, tennis people have. It's just difficult to comprehend Whitlock, a man so fat he can hardly walk, giving Serena a conditioning lecture...

TarHeelHawk

Oct 22, 2008
W. Des Moines
Yes, tennis people have. It's just difficult to comprehend Whitlock, a man so fat he can hardly walk, giving Serena a conditioning lecture...

Didn't he play football in college? I remember a show he did last season talking about his playing days while he was pimping Nate Davis and Ball State.

Clones85'

Just Win Baby
Jan 31, 2007

He talks about that in his article. He says that many will call him a hypocrite but his job is to write, not be a proffesional athlete. And that you can be plump and fat as a journalist.