Is it me or does Gilstap act hurt every play?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack & Hilton

Nov 30, 2007
He played at Texas Tech the night he found out his Uncle had died. He also played at Oklahoma the day after the funeral. Was he faking the crying and pain he felt that week too nwiaclone?

This thread is pointless, CLOSE for calling out a player that is still here and busting his *** for Iowa State University.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Gilstrap plays really hard and ends up on the floor at lot. He's my favorite player of the Mac era and I love him for his effort. I think he's legitimately banged up and I think there is a reason for the gimping.

besserheimerphat

Apr 11, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA
He does play hard and take a lot of abuse, but I think he could avoid some of that if he played a little more in control sometimes. I love hustle but watching him recklessly fly into the paint sometimes makes me wonder when he's going to take that kill shot to his knee/ankle/elbow/etc.

Ciclone

May 5, 2008
Clive
He played at Texas Tech the night he found out his Uncle had died. He also played at Oklahoma the day after the funeral. Was he faking the crying and pain he felt that week too nwiaclone?

This thread is pointless, CLOSE for calling out a player that is still here and busting his *** for Iowa State University.

I agree. I'll take as many Gilstraps as we can get.

Oct 14, 2007
Ames
Maybe he's faking it to get the opponent to underestimate him. Anybody remember Chris Carter of the Vikings doing that? Dude took a vicious hit on a play and limped out to his wide-out spot for the next play and then put a double move on the corner and flew past him to score a TD.

IowaStateClones

Dec 7, 2009
Do you even know the whole reason why his eligibility may be up after this season? He blew the **** out of his knee and was out for a while. Also, I can remember at least a couple games where he went up and got knocked off track and crashed into the floor, both times we could hear him hit the floor up in the stands.

I don't know what you are thinking trying to knock on one of our best players. By the way which game was it where he got hurt towards the end of the game and ended up scoring 10 in the last few minutes playing with a visible limp? I believe it was a home game im not sure who it was against though.

Gilstrap goes hard end of story

Psiclone

Apr 11, 2006
How in the world do you know?

I don't think he's faking it at all and definitely hurt his ankle last game. I also think he injured his knee a few games ago just prior to the dip in his performance.

Maybe we need to stop looking at negatives all of the time and look at positives for a change.

aauummm

April is International Guitar Month
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2007
I get around
its probably not an act... every time i play basketball my left ankle gets all jacked up... i have bone on bone... its painful, i hope limp a bit, but just keep playing... maybe his body really does hurt... good athletes can shut the pain off and go during plays... nothing hurts til you stop moving.
Me too. Have you checked into the total ankle replacements? I did a number of years ago but now I need to update my info on it.

cyclonestate

May 4, 2009
I'm bothered more by his tendency to complain to officials for not calling a foul on his missed shot while the other team is fast breaking toword the other end of the court.

Having said that, I'm still glad he's on our team. He plays without fear.

bringmagicback

Dec 3, 2009
CF Resident Dog Lover
I think he is awesome and all, but my two cents worth. I was out of state for the K State game and some friends and I were watching the game on 360. They have never seen an ISU game in their life. By the second half we were playing a drinking game, drink every time he was "hurt"

I don't necessarily agree, but they thought that it was only after he had an unsuccessful play.

That being said, I'm still a fan and support him, our coach, and our team fully.

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
You have to remember his leg probaly still isnt 100%. Remember the stories on how small it was compaired to his good leg. Why rip the kid? All he has done is gave it 100% all year and played through those injuries.

Reactions: Wesley

iowast8fan

Aug 3, 2006
Ankeny
i noticed him getting hurt every night too then still playing. Either he is the biggest drama queen or he is one tough cookie playing through a lot of pain.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Who cares? Just score and rebound.

It takes awhile to come back from these type of injuries.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron