Iowa women lose

thunderdave

POOTMFS
Apr 14, 2006
Iowa led by 13 at half, 35-22, then allowed Michigan St. to score 51, 2nd half points.

Final:
Michigan St. 73
Iowa 65

Nice job outta you Lisa Bluder.:notworthy:

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Holy crap. 51 points in one half of a woman's game? That's a lot.

Heck...have our men even scored that many in a half this year? Or last year for that matter...

C.John

Pondering Phobophobia
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I truly love the job that she has done at Iowa. I hope she keeps it up for quite some time to come.

btw, you all know that she's never won in Ames, right? That's why I love her.

thunderdave

POOTMFS
Apr 14, 2006
I truly love the job that she has done at Iowa. I hope she keeps it up for quite some time to come.

btw, you all know that she's never won in Ames, right? That's why I love her.
I thought you loved her, 'cause she's so darn good lookin'?

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
She definately has not lived up to what they thought they were getting when they hired her. In fact the replacements at Drake after her have moved on to better things as well. Lisa Stone is head coach at Wisconsin now who were 23-13 last year.

BenEClone

Mar 21, 2006
Lincoln, Ne
In 2004, ISU scored 54 second half points in a losing effort after playing a horrible 26 pt. first half in IC. Final score EIU 89-80.:sad:

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Talk about taking an Oldsmobile-ish, maybe Buick-ish (certainly not Cadillac-ish) program that Vivian Stringer built there and steering it directly into the nearest telephone pole at 120 mph. 10 years or so ago the Iowa women were a Final Four-caliber basketball team. Now they're a trainwreck.

bellzisu

Apr 15, 2006
Norwalk
I thought you loved her, 'cause she's so darn good lookin'?

She is extremely good looking. I am in awwww...:wideeyed:

91ofr6vl.jpg

I wonder if this was taken during a mens game. Looks exactly like what you see on tv when they play.

Can we bet on whether or not she gets fired???

thunderdave

POOTMFS
Apr 14, 2006
Talk about taking an Oldsmobile-ish, maybe Buick-ish (certainly not Cadillac-ish) program that Vivian Stringer built there and steering it directly into the nearest telephone pole at 120 mph. 10 years or so ago the Iowa women were a Final Four-caliber basketball team. Now they're a trainwreck.
Don't forget Angie "Chest-bump" Lee was there for 5 seasons.

Angie Lee, the Iowa women's basketball coach, will not be reprimanded by the university over her run-in with a Connecticut state trooper, a school spokeswoman said yesterday.
In addition, Ann Rhodes, the spokeswoman, said the legal problems are not the reason Lee's contract has not been renegotiated. It expired on June 30.
A Superior Court judge this month granted Lee, 35, accelerated rehabilitation -- a special form of probation -- on a charge of breach of peace. The charge will be erased as long as she remains out of trouble.
Lee got into an argument with the police at Bradley International Airport in Windsor Locks, Conn., on Nov. 26, just hours after Iowa lost to Connecticut. The argument occurred after the police asked the team to hurry off a bus that was parked in front of a terminal in an area not designated for loading.
Lee bumped a trooper who was trying to determine what the problem was, the police said. Iowa athletic officials have said that Lee was defending a team manager and that an officer was rude to her players.

Last edited:

Splendid

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines
I have nothing against Lisa other than she is a Hawkeye and it's actually good for us whenever IU maintains mediocrity. I started paying attention last year when I was listening to our comeback win in Carver and wanted to hear what the coaches had to say. After Fennily and those roudy ISU students that were bussed over for the game I turned to WHO to see what Lisa had to say and the announcers were making excuses for Lisa not coming on air because the loss was too much for her.

I'm afraid Barta will have to fire Lisa, he is being compared to Jamie and has to fire somebody. It's to bad for Jan Jensen, Lisas top assistant. Jan could have had the Drake job but remained loyal to Lisa and will probalbly go down with the ship.

Last edited: