Iowa vs Villanova

The_Architect

Apr 11, 2006
How the heck did Nova beat KU?

Junk defense and sagged into the lane to stop the dribble drive as well as get back in transition. KU is going to get a lot of that this year, they don't have many snipers. The book is out on how to beat them.

Also, KU barely beat UTEP tonight.

Cyclonesince78

Mar 8, 2012
If Iowa closes this out, they will finally have my respect. Still think we take them by double digits in Hilton. It would be a much closer win for ISU if the game was at Carver.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
If Iowa closes this out, they will finally have my respect. Still think we take them by double digits in Hilton. It would be a much closer win for ISU if the game was at Carver.

Their defense looks tough. If you aren't capable of breaking it down off the dribble or quick passing to expose their trap, you end up either turning it over or taking a bunch of jump shots.

Chitowncy

SuperFanatic
Jan 14, 2009
Ames
Im going to become a bookie and base everything on the clones21 rules. $$$$$

Technically, Clones21 has to predict a victory for Team X to beat Team Y in order for it to be a sure bet for Team Y to win. In this case, he simply stated "Go Villy," or something silly to that effect. Thus, I don't believe the Clones21 rules are actually in effect this game.

Correct me if I'm wrong;-)

Cyclonesince78

Mar 8, 2012
Technically, Clones21 has to predict a victory for Team X to beat Team Y in order for it to be a sure bet for Team Y to win. In this case, he simply stated "Go Villy," or something silly to that effect. Thus, I don't believe the Clones21 rules are actually in effect this game.

Correct me if I'm wrong;-)

You're wrong. If Clones 21 states that he wants team A to win, Team A will not win. If he would just shut his face, ISU would be winning multiple national championships in all sports.

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010
Hawks looking good tonight because their shots are falling. They have good size so they're dangerous if they can shoot too.

00clone

Apr 12, 2011
Iowa City area
Airbag: A question for you...Marble...I'm assuming his first name is Roy and his middle name is Devyn. So why are they listing both? I mean, it's not like they say Fred Kristian Hoiberg every time they show his name. I'm guessing he goes by Devyn...then why not just show that one? Or, I guess maybe it's just this tournament...not familiar with what the Iowa coverage says.

tm3308

Jun 13, 2010
Their defense looks tough. If you aren't capable of breaking it down off the dribble or quick passing to expose their trap, you end up either turning it over or taking a bunch of jump shots.

Taking a lot of jumpers isn't necessarily a bad thing for ISU, though.

I'll say this: If Iowa is hitting their threes like they have in this game and last night (16-30 so far between the two games), they're going to be VERY tough to beat by almost anyone. They'll be a tough out, regardless, but (and I know this is still a big stretch until they keep it up for more than a couple games) they could give MSU a legitimate challenge for the conference title if they keep shooting this well. The defense is going to be there, and the inside will open up for White, Marble, etc. to drive if shots are falling from the outside.

I'm still picking ISU in Hilton, but only by 6-8 points. It's going to be an outstanding game that's a big boost to the winner's resume.

GMackey32

TJ's spy team member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2009
Ames Via Cedar Falls
Iowa will probably be in the tourney this year, but it'll be interesting to see how they recover to the loss of Marble next year.

Help Support Us

Become a patron