Iowa vs Penn State

Cyclones1969

Jul 26, 2021
I went back and watched the game. PSU had six defensive players go down, all after at least 10 yard gains by Iowa BTW. Out of the six players, four jogged off the field and were back within a play or two. It was beyond obvious it was being done on purpose so much so that the announcer even said it during the broadcast. Crazy how ISU fans support this type of play.

Crazy how you support Kirk after all he did

Also, you should get your boy,

• Dumb
Reactions: criticalobserver

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
Nope 4 of the players booed didn't come back in according to Franklin

Clifford and the WR weren't booed. Their DT wasn't booed either since it happened right at the beginning of the game. They had a LB that didn't come back in that was booed though after they had players faking injuries after large gains and fans figured he was just another one doing it. Feel bad about that one. The other four players that were booed all jogged off the field and came back within a play or two.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Clifford and the WR weren't booed. Their DT wasn't booed either since it happened right at the beginning of the game. They had a LB that didn't come back in that was booed though after they had players faking injuries after large gains and fans figured he was just another one doing it. Feel bad about that one. The other four players that were booed all jogged off the field and came back within a play or two.
I believe Franklin here

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
I believe Franklin here

Iowa fans didn't even know Clifford was hurt and the WR wasn't faking either and would have no reason to fake since he had just caught and pass and made it to our 5 yard line for first and goal. The DT went out on the first series and didn't get booed and came back on crutches. They had one player that got booed that didn't come back. The other four that got booed all came back in the game immediately.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you

On the one play TG was taking the ball down the sideline and you could see #17 jogging slowly in that direction when he knew he couldn't make a play, he was jogging and no one was around him. Next thing you know he was down and couldn't get up. Then he was back in a few plays later. NCAA knows this is a thing and happens regularly. Pretty bush.

• Agree
Reactions: blackuniforms

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
On the one play TG was taking the ball down the sideline and you could see #17 jogging slowly in that direction when he knew he couldn't make a play, he was jogging and no one was around him. Next thing you know he was down and couldn't get up. Then he was back in a few plays later. NCAA knows this is a thing and happens regularly. Pretty bush.

Yep, that's the one where Woods was mocking him for it. It was very obvious what they were doing.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Iowa fans didn't even know Clifford was hurt and the WR wasn't faking either and would have no reason to fake since he had just caught and pass and made it to our 5 yard line for first and goal. The DT went out on the first series and didn't get booed and came back on crutches. They had one player that got booed that didn't come back. The other four that got booed all came back in the game immediately.
I believe Franklin here

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Yep, that's the one where Woods was mocking him for it. It was very obvious what they were doing.

I wasn't even sure until I watched the game replay and saw the guy jogging towards the action with no one around him and thought, wait that's the guy who was down and couldn't get up. Lame.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Here was my post when it happened:
Why do Iowa fans keep booing if a PSU player gets injured?
One happened right away in the game and that player hasn't been back.

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
Doesn't matter whether the injuries were real or faked. The head coach just cannot come out and actually say he understands/basically supports the booing of injured players. He may completely agree with the fans and thought some of the injuries were bogus, but you can't say that publicly. That's a bad look any way you slice it and that goes for any coach. If Campbell said what Kirk said about this, I would lose respect for him. Because in the end you just don't know if someone is actually hurt even if you are pretty confident they aren't.

You just say, "I know they had some guys banged up and I hope they are ok and nothing serious occurred." and then you move on. To actually condone the booing of injured players is low.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Doesn't matter whether the injuries were real or faked. The head coach just cannot come out and actually say he understands/basically supports the booing of injured players. He may completely agree with the fans and thought some of the injuries were bogus, but you can't say that publicly. That's a bad look any way you slice it and that goes for any coach. If Campbell said what Kirk said about this, I would lose respect for him. Because in the end you just don't know if someone is actually hurt even if you are pretty confident they aren't.

You just say, "I know they had some guys banged up and I hope they are ok and nothing serious occurred." and then you move on. To actually condone the booing of injured players is low.
Just say "I'm not going to address that."

Reactions: Cyclones1969

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
Nope 4 of the players booed didn't come back in according to Franklin

LOL, you are quoting Franklin, guy is a scumbag. #17 got hurt on the 4th play of the game, nobody booed. Clifford, the WR and the RB left the game and nobody even knew they the gone, so nobody booed them. Iowa literally didn't boo any of the guys who were legit hurt.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

Kirk is really letting his filter go. He comes off as a racist grumpy old man

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018

Iowa coaches even know the code words that Penn St. uses, scuba and turtle. Take a seat boys, we need a injury TO. Barnes knows all of Franklin's dirty little secrets. The funny part is Franklin made it over the top obvious when he was doing this. The times where Franklin himself needed to go "check out the player" for his cramps, it was obvious as **** what was going on. He didn't go check on #17, Clifford, the WR or the RB who were all legit hurt. He saved the honor for "checking on" his scuba and turtle players.

Cyclones1969

Jul 26, 2021
They have another week to cry about it as they have a bye, but then....they get to feel all better and thump their chests again because they play UNLV....errrr....Illinois!

So Hayden, are you ever going to have Hunter Deyo on your pod cast?