Iowa State's Class of 2013

pdxclone

Feb 7, 2007
Metropolis of Ames
I'm not the recruiting guru that many of you are, but this class looks like a monster to me. I really like the linemen with the frame and skills to open up some holes. Can't wait to see these guys on the field. Sounds like we will see some of them next fall.

The last 3 years show CPR's philosophy in recruiting lineman. He likes to have mobile lineman with big frames (in the 6'4" - 6'5" range). Only one 6'2" lineman (DT Devlyn Cousin) recruited which is now more of our linebacker height. IIRC, the coaching staff has said you will not see too many 300+ pounders recruited since they like mobility and Yancy can bulk them up.

pdxclone

Feb 7, 2007
Metropolis of Ames
Possibles, Markeith Ambles signed LOI with USC and James Julius committed to Pitt on 12/23, are off the board.

Iowa State's Class of 2013
EE. Aaron Wimbely, RB, Iowa Western Community College
EE. Alton Meeks, LB, Orlando, (Fla.) Dr. Phillips
EE. Shawn Curtis, OL, Orlando, (Fla.) Olympia
EE. Emmanuel Bibbs, TE, Arizona Western C.C.
1. Trevor Hodge, QB, Perris, (Calif.) Citrus Hill
2. Kamari Syrie, DB, Hurst, (Texas) L.D. Bell
3. Jacob Homa, OL, Brookfield, (Wisc.) Central
4. Alex Leslie, TE, New Braunfels, (Texas)
5. Tyler Brown, RB, Lakeland, (Fla.) Lake Gibson
6. Nigel Tribune, DB, Jacksonville, (Fla.) Raines
7. D.A. Williams, DB, St. Augustine, (Fla.)
8. Justin Webster, ATH, Houston, (Texas) Northland Christian
9. J.D. Waggoner, DE, Dallas, (Texas) Jesuit
10. Brandon Harris, WR, Cedar Hill, (Texas)
11. Nick Severs, OL, Macomb, (Ill.)
12. Vincent Johnson, OL, Sacramento, (Calif.) Christian Brothers
13. Joel Lanning, QB, Ankeny, Iowa
14. Brian Mills, LB, East Ridge, (Fla.) Clermont
15. Bryan Ajumobi, WR, South Grand Prairie, (Texas) Grand Prairie
16. Vernell Trent, DE, Jacksonville, (Fla.) Forrest
17. Jalen Barnes, DB, Port Arthur, (Texas) Memorial
18. Rodney Coe, DL, Iowa Western C.C.
19. Jake Campos, OL, West Des Moines, (Iowa) Valley
20. Brisly Estime, WR, Delray Beach, (Fla.) Atlantic
21. Ernest Suttles, DE, Tampa, (Fla.) Gaither

Iowa State’s Class of 2014/2013 “grey-shirts” or walk-on
1. Allen Lazard, WR, Urbandale, Iowa
2. Ryan Glenn, OL, Waukee, Iowa
3. Kyle Starcevich, QB, Runnells, (Iowa) Southeast Polk

Possible signees, if more than 23 scholarships open up
A. Bobby Leath, DT, Lake Wales, (Fla.)
B. Keith Kelsey Jr., LB, Gainesville, (Fla.)
C. Vontarius West, DB, Bartow, (Fla.)
D. Maliek Collins, DT, Kansas City, (Mo.) Center
E. Regie Meant, DE, Cape Coral, (Fla.) Ida S. Baker
F. Blake McClain, DB, Winter Park, (Fla.)

Last edited:

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
I'm not the recruiting guru that many of you are, but this class looks like a monster to me. I really like the linemen with the frame and skills to open up some holes. Can't wait to see these guys on the field. Sounds like we will see some of them next fall.
I won't say that it's a "monster" class, but it looks a really nice class. Hopefully Allen Lazard is the beginning of a "monster" class.

pdxclone

Feb 7, 2007
Metropolis of Ames
I've seen a question regarding yesterday's bowl loss and its impact to recruiting posted in a couple of different threads. The immediate reaction from a random sample is along the lines of 'hey the Cyclones could have used you today'. It is still over a month until signing day, so a lot can happen but many have chosen to come to Ames to make an impact. Yesterday just shows that impact can be more immediate. Not only from an overall talent point of view but depth wise. A RFrosh started at QB. Miller was in for Knott. Morrissey played quite a bit. Bundrage has played all year. Simply ... there is PT available.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I'm just glad that this class is basically full already. Now Rhoads just has to keep on board everyone that has verbally committed. I would hate to be Rhoads if he still had 10 spots to fill and had to go out and sell the turd we layed yesterday.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
I've seen a question regarding yesterday's bowl loss and its impact to recruiting posted in a couple of different threads. The immediate reaction from a random sample is along the lines of 'hey the Cyclones could have used you today'. It is still over a month until signing day, so a lot can happen but many have chosen to come to Ames to make an impact. Yesterday just shows that impact can be more immediate. Not only from an overall talent point of view but depth wise. A RFrosh started at QB. Miller was in for Knott. Morrissey played quite a bit. Bundrage has played all year. Simply ... there is PT available.
Well, hopefully they are avoiding some of the idiotic threads on this board... sigh.

pdxclone

Feb 7, 2007
Metropolis of Ames
According to Rivals, there are 5 commits recruited by Luke Wells:
Name Pos Hometown
Bryan Ajumobi WR Grand Prairie, TX
Emmanuel Bibbs TE Yuma, AZ
Brandon Harris WR Cedar Hill, TX
Kamari Syrie DB Hurst, TX
Aaron Wimberly RB Council Bluffs, IA

Bibbs and Wimberly are already signed. The other 3 probably didn't have Utah State on their radar, so they are still solid commits. I think the Wells brothers have found a place tougher to sell in Logan, Utah than Ames.

Cyclonic1

Aug 7, 2012
Sun City, AZ
According to Rivals, there are 5 commits recruited by Luke Wells:
Name Pos Hometown
Bryan Ajumobi WR Grand Prairie, TX
Emmanuel Bibbs TE Yuma, AZ
Brandon Harris WR Cedar Hill, TX
Kamari Syrie DB Hurst, TX
Aaron Wimberly RB Council Bluffs, IA

Bibbs and Wimberly are already signed. The other 3 probably didn't have Utah State on their radar, so they are still solid commits. I think the Wells brothers have found a place tougher to sell in Logan, Utah than Ames.
​ He was also the lead recruiter on Don Jackson of IWCC who we apparently lost to Nevada.

pdxclone

Feb 7, 2007
Metropolis of Ames
One month until signing day (Feb. 6) and all the hard work the coaching staff has done for well over a year comes down to the next 30 days. CPR's history shows he can get his verbals signed. Let's hope the staff can sway a few more to Ames, namely:

A. Bobby Leath, DT, Lake Wales, (Fla.)
B. Keith Kelsey Jr., LB, Gainesville, (Fla.)
C. Vontarius West, DB, Bartow, (Fla.)
D. Maliek Collins, DT, Kansas City, (Mo.) Center
E. Regie Meant, DE, Cape Coral, (Fla.) Ida S. Baker
F. Blake McClain, DB, Winter Park, (Fla.)

pdxclone

Feb 7, 2007
Metropolis of Ames
As the coaching carousal continues to spin, I'm sure this isn't the end of last minute interest, offers and visits reported. This happens every year and there is a reason the NCAA allows 5 official visits. Kids/parents want to be sure and it doesn't hurt to listen.

Nebraska's interest in Suttles seems late in the game. Estime's trip to WMU (1/11) has been planned for some time. I believe it was before he committed. There is also a twitter mention of Arkansas on the 25th but it isn't clear whether that's his visit or a teammate.

By all accounts, Messingham is still recruiting Blake McClain who is a soft verbal to Kentucky. His recruitment is still open as he has two more visits planned to Kentucky (1/11) and Wake Forest (1/18). He visited ISU in Oct. and Pitt in Dec. after his verbal to Kentucky.

Last edited:

pdxclone

Feb 7, 2007
Metropolis of Ames
Markeith Ambles - Yahoo! Sports

was a stud out of HS

Markeith Ambles - Yahoo! Sports

Considering he has limited offers out of JUCO he must be an academic risk, or maybe just isn't that good

He was ruled academically ineligible, is no longer with the USC football program, Coach Lane Kiffin said in Aug'11.
USC football: Markeith Ambles off the team, Lane Kiffin says - latimes.com

Rivals shows him as 2013 class (Junior College - Dec Grad) but not signed. Was a teammate of Bibbs at Arizona Western CC, so Luke Wells was probably recruiting him. Illinois is interested.
Markeith Ambles

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
Markeith would be a solid get. With Lazard next year, 14-15 could be the best core of wr this school ever seen

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I don't see us adding anyone else if everyone that has verballed actually signs? Aren't we basically full?

I really hope Rhoads can keep Suttles though. We desperately need pass rushing DEs. Haven't really had any since Berryman.

Help Support Us

Become a patron