Iowa State would compete in Big Ten

Clone_12

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
But, all I hear is how tough the non-conference is for the Big 12. How do we know how good Baylor really is? Add to those 3 non-con games Tech and Kansas.

By the way, you guys have bye weeks in the Big 12 too. KU, KSU (this year), and well ummm.... you guys!

You were tied with your 'bye week' with 5 minutes to go...

SheldonCooper

May 30, 2014
Texas Tech and Texas have far more talent than Purdue, Illinois, Indiana, Rutgers, and Maryland.

There isn't a Big 10 team on your schedule that is in this week's top 25...which is ridiculous.

Texas is what, 2-4? Please compare, in detail, the rosters of Texas Tech and Illinois and give the strengths and weakness of each player. Tech's defense sucks, but they score boatloads of points. Newsflash: so does Indiana.

AirForceOne

Sep 13, 2015
Texas Tech and Texas have far more talent than Purdue, Illinois, Indiana, Rutgers, and Maryland.

There isn't a Big 10 team on your schedule that is in this week's top 25...which is ridiculous.

That's partly because of Iowa beating NW and Wisconsin. But, anyway. Sorry we don't play your mighty tough schedule. Can you please tell me the last time one saw Iowa State listed in the AP top 25? How about the last time one could see Iowa State listed in the top 20 to finish a season?

Do you even understand how pathetic this is that you are digging this deep to convince yourselves of something that will never happen? Even if it did, you may get one or two more wins per year (tops). Great. So Proud.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
What does that have to do with anything? I watch football and form my own opinions. You don't think if Iowa finishes in the Top 10 this year Beatherd will get some serious NFL looks?

Connor Cook was nobody until after MSU finished in the Top 5 for the first time. He didn't even win the starting job coming out of fall camp that year. He started his first game in like the 3rd week.
So I should take your opinion over Kirk Herbstreits? Mel Kiper? Ya'OK!

Clone_12

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Texas is what, 2-4? Please compare, in detail, the rosters of Texas Tech and Illinois and give the strengths and weakness of each player. Tech's defense sucks, but they score boatloads of points. Newsflash: so does Indiana.

Indiana couldn't put away Southern Illinois or Florida International! Texas Tech beat Arkansas, which is far, far superior to anything Indiana or Illinois will do this year.

Last edited:

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
The fact that you feel the need to come to a Cyclone website to defend your teams pathetic excuse of a schedule screams insecurity. Just deal with the fact that your team could (and should) go undefeated and probably not get into the CFB playoff.

Clone_12

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Hey, you said beating a team by 11 was smoking them (Tech over Arky). Your words. What is a 14 point win on the road? I'm just wondering. Again, your words. Not mine.

I should've chosen my words there a little more carefully! Texas Tech did NOT smoke Arkansas. My apologies.

AirForceOne

Sep 13, 2015
Indiana couldn't put away Southern Illinois or Florida International! Texas Tech beat up on Arkansas, which is far, far superior to anything Indiana or Illinois will do this year.

They "beat up" on Arkansas. You keep pointing to this win (which wasn't even a win for your own team lol). Earlier, you said they smoked Arky. Tech won by 11. What do you call a 14 point win on the road against a rival? I'm honestly curious.

Clone_12

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
They "beat up" on Arkansas. You keep pointing to this win (which wasn't even a win for your own team lol). Earlier, you said they smoked Arky. Tech won by 11. What do you call a 14 point win on the road against a rival? I'm honestly curious.

See previous post...I edited the last one too. Kliff Kingsbury's postgame comments got me a little I guess.

AirForceOne

Sep 13, 2015
The fact that you feel the need to come to a Cyclone website to defend your teams pathetic excuse of a schedule screams insecurity. Just deal with the fact that your team could (and should) go undefeated and probably not get into the CFB playoff.

Iowa could very well end up in that situation. Who knows? But I think you should look in the mirror when it comes to insecurity. You have no accomplishments of your own (this year or historically) so you play the "schedule" card or the "conference" card. That is as insecure as you can possibly get. Do you want a mythical Big 10 West divisional runner-up trophy?

You know, that way your trophy case won't be empty!

Kinnick80

Jul 20, 2014

What a terrible horrible thing I'll be crying the entire trip to Pasadena.

Clone_12

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Iowa could very well end up in that situation. Who knows? But I think you should look in the mirror when it comes to insecurity. You have no accomplishments of your own (this year or historically) so you play the "schedule" card or the "conference" card. That is as insecure as you can possibly get. Do you want a mythical Big 10 West divisional runner-up trophy?

You know, that way your trophy case won't be empty!

We will play those cards...because they are both true.

I don't think anyone on here would deny that Iowa State football sucks...

SheldonCooper

May 30, 2014
Indiana couldn't put away Southern Illinois or Florida International! Texas Tech beat Arkansas, which is far, far superior to anything Indiana or Illinois will do this year.

You must have missed when Indiana was like 5 yards away from tying Ohio State in the last minute of the game, with their back-up QB and RB playing the entire 2nd half.

You know as much about football as my grandmother's pet gerbil.

Last edited:

Clone_12

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
You must have missed when Indiana was like 5 yards away from tying Ohio State in the last minute of the game, with their back up QB and RB playing basically the entire 2nd half.

You know as much about football as my grandmother's pet gerbil.

Says the guy that continuously talks up Indiana and Illinois.

What was it you were saying about 1 game rarities and pointing at last year's TCU-Kansas game?...or does that only apply to things I say?

SheldonCooper

May 30, 2014
Says the guy that continuously talks up Indiana and Illinois.

What was it you were saying about 1 game rarities and pointing at last year's TCU-Kansas game?...or does that only apply to things I say?

Indiana gave the number 1 team in the country their toughest game of the year, but all you care about is that TTech beat a 2-4 SEC team with a fat coach.

I feel like I'm picking on the fat kid at recess and stealing his lunch money. You just aren't very sharp.

AirForceOne

Sep 13, 2015
We will play those cards...because they are both true.

I don't think anyone on here would deny that Iowa State football sucks...

Well congrats. Instead of being 2-10, you would be 3-9 or 4-8 in the BIG this year. By the way, there were plenty of years where the North was terrible and you guys still failed to take advantage of that.

I'm sorry but I really don't think changing a conference would solve your football issues. Nebraska and Penn State both have tradition and resources you guys could only dream about. They haven't fared the best in the Big Ten and in many years are worse off than they were or the same. When Iowa had Todd Lickliter for those short 3 years (felt Longer) I thought, this is what ISU football must feel like but for 100 plus years. Really hope you guys can turn it around.

Clone_12

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Indiana gave the number 1 team in the country their toughest game of the year, but all you care about is that TTech beat a 2-4 SEC team with a fat coach.

I feel like I'm picking on the fat kid at recess and stealing his lunch money. You just aren't very sharp.

If you think Indiana is good, there is no point in arguing with you...they will not beat a team this year better than that 2-4 SEC team with a fat coach...care to make a wager on that? It'd give you an opportunity to take my money, for real.

SheldonCooper

May 30, 2014
If you think Indiana is good, there is no point in arguing with you...they will not beat a team this year better than that 2-4 SEC team with a fat coach...care to make a wager on that? It'd give you an opportunity to take my money, for real.

Never said they were good, Skip. Try to follow along. TTech isn't any better. Indiana has the better OL, QB, and RB. If the two teams played, both would get into the 60's, and the last team to have the ball would win. They are comparable teams in both talent and coaching.