Iowa State vodka vs Swarm Vodka

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
We did a taste test tonight at a bar. Blind taste test. Nobody knew what vodka was which. Iowa state Vodka was the winner. Not me person voted for the swarm Vodka. It’s terrible. Only the bar tender , who is a Hawk fan, knew which was which. So if you are a vodka guy or girl. Drink the Clone stuff

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
We did a taste test tonight at a bar. Blind taste test. Nobody knew what vodka was which. Iowa state Vodka was the winner. Not me person voted for the swarm Vodka. It’s terrible. Only the bar tender , who is a Hawk fan, knew which was which. So if you are a vodka guy or girl. Drink the Clone stuff
I have a feeling that Hawkeye fans think this is their vodka.

1695262138056.png

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I have a feeling that Hawkeye fans think this is their vodka.

View attachment 117003
giphy.webp

Reactions: BCClone

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Iowa Distilling has a great bourbon too. Neat little tap room.

Reactions: MJ29 and Drew0311

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
I havent tried either but the guy at hyvee said they are both middle of the road vodkas. But it really doesnt matter if you make bloody marys or mix it with soda or whatever.

Reactions: Drew0311

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
A vodka taste test? Vodka barely has a taste, especially the best, it's not supposed to. It's all about the level of burn. I mean, congrats, but this seems weird.

Mads4st8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 17, 2021
A vodka taste test? Vodka barely has a taste, especially the best, it's not supposed to. It's all about the level of burn. I mean, congrats, but this seems weird.
The Foundry sucks. Always has, always will. Stubby is a farce and he’s trying to ride the coattails of Templeton Rye, which he also ruined.

• Agree
  • Informative
Reactions: MJ29 and alarson

GT25Ump

Oct 24, 2009
Sioux City, Iowa
Take my word, speaking as a "problem drinker" who throws down vodka on a nearly daily basis and has drank everything from Grey Goose to the cheapest of the cheap (Nikoli, Bartons, McCormick, Hawkeye).....as long as you have the right "flavor" you like to mix with it (for me, it's mixed with lemonade and strawberry/watermelon MIO), it totally doesn't matter what the vodka is.....preferably the cheaper the better. And why anyone would ever do vodka straight, I'll never understand.

I'm quite content with buying a 1.75 jug of cheap stuff for $9.99 at the local Fareway, than spend $24 on a fifth, even being Cyclone Vodka....UNLESS you tell me how much percentage of the proceeds are going to ISU. Just telling me that "a portion of the proceeds" just doesn't work. It could be 1/2 of 1%. I'd rather just donate directly to the athletic program.

But, I guarantee you that I will have a bottle of Cyclone Vodka in my house. I might buy it, or maybe one of my friends will bring it as a gift, either way, it'll help the "percentage of the proceeds". THEN, after we drink it, I'll continue to utilize the bottle, by refilling it with the cheap stuff which does the same job, but for a whole helluva lot less.

P.S. For about every other alcohol, quality makes a difference, but with vodka, no.

cedarstrip

Aug 26, 2013
I have from a good authority Iowa State vodka is better

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230920-215904.png
    Screenshot_20230920-215904.png
    444.3 KB · Views: 36
  • Haha
Reactions: JP4CY

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
I havent tried either but the guy at hyvee said they are both middle of the road vodkas. But it really doesnt matter if you make bloody marys or mix it with soda or whatever.

Yeah I would not order either one for a drink. We were just having fun and so I decided to do a taste test and get others involved. Just was. Fun little thing. I don’t normally shoot vodka but Swarm tastes like a well vodka and Cyclone stuff tastes like a middle of the road vodka. Neither great. Just was a fun test

Nothingman

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 31, 2006
Take my word, speaking as a "problem drinker" who throws down vodka on a nearly daily basis and has drank everything from Grey Goose to the cheapest of the cheap (Nikoli, Bartons, McCormick, Hawkeye).....as long as you have the right "flavor" you like to mix with it (for me, it's mixed with lemonade and strawberry/watermelon MIO), it totally doesn't matter what the vodka is.....preferably the cheaper the better. And why anyone would ever do vodka straight, I'll never understand.

I'm quite content with buying a 1.75 jug of cheap stuff for $9.99 at the local Fareway, than spend $24 on a fifth, even being Cyclone Vodka....UNLESS you tell me how much percentage of the proceeds are going to ISU. Just telling me that "a portion of the proceeds" just doesn't work. It could be 1/2 of 1%. I'd rather just donate directly to the athletic program.

But, I guarantee you that I will have a bottle of Cyclone Vodka in my house. I might buy it, or maybe one of my friends will bring it as a gift, either way, it'll help the "percentage of the proceeds". THEN, after we drink it, I'll continue to utilize the bottle, by refilling it with the cheap stuff which does the same job, but for a whole helluva lot less.

P.S. For about every other alcohol, quality makes a difference, but with vodka, no.
I don’t think I’ve ever understood the meaning of the word diatribe and this, to me, is a diatribe. But I know it probably isn’t. But it feels like it should be.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
I wouldn’t drink anything called Swarm. Somehow seems like a combination of warm spit or something.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006

Odd

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron